Fainted

word count: 2 916

Requested

synopsis: Y/n faints while on a walk with Rosé after telling her she's completely fine since she doesn't want to worry her girlfriend.

Y/n's POV

"Y/n/n you sound a little strange, are you sure you're okay?"

"I promise I'm fine Rosie." I said over the phone for the thousandth time.

"Are you sure you want to go on a date tonight?"

"Babe—"

"I know! I know! I'm sorry, I'm just really worried about you, I haven't seen you in a week. And no offence Y/n but you sound like shit. But if you say you're fine, I'll see you tonight," She finally sighed.

"Thank you, I just woke up so my voice is strange," I lied. "I won't distract you from studying any longer. I'll see you tonight, I love you."

As soon as she said she loves me back, and I cut the call, I bolted to the bathroom and threw up everything that I've eaten from the previous night.

Once I finished I sighed as I sat on the cold tiles of the bathroom floor in relief from holding all that in during my phone call with my girlfriend Rosé.

I hated lying to Rosé. Okay that was a lie. I think it's okay to lie as long as you're doing it for the sake of someone else.

To be honest these last four days I've been feeling crazy sick.

All week I did everything that I could to make myself feel better. I took painkillers, took an ice bath to bring my fever down, and even tried all those weird home remedies my mom would text me about. Yes I was that desperate.

Usually I wouldn't try so hard to hide my sickness, but I knew Rosé had a really stressful week piled with assessments, and we were planning on going on a date later this evening.

In the three years that Rosé and I have been dating, I have learned that she was the most selfless person ever. If I had told her that I wasn't feeling well she would've dropped everything and anything, and would've come running to take care of me.

I can't let that happen. I don't want to stress her out when she literally has a test in a couple hours. Not only that but the days prior to today she was hanging out with her friends, and I wasn't going to be the one to rob their time together.

I thought this would pass in a couple days by the time of our date, but here I am still with a stuffy nose and the worst migraine of all time.

There was about six hours until I meet her today, so I still have a sufficient amount of time to get myself back to the best health.

After doing my morning routine, and hopping out of the piping hot shower I was just in, my phone suddenly rang and I looked to see that it was my friend Mina calling me.

"Morning Y/n/n are you feeling better this morning?"

I was in shock. Wasn't Mina studying with Chae today? If Chae knows that I've lied to her I wouldn't hear the end of it.

Mina was able to interpret my silence. "I know what you're wondering, and no I'm not with Rosé right now. I left her dorms a while ago."

I sighed in relief and thanked Mina. She was actually friends with Rosé first, and then I got close to her after her friend and I started dating. Mina came by my dorms a few days ago, and saw me literally dying on the couch. I had to beg her not tell Rosé that I was sick, and after bribing her with some money she finally agreed.