Carvings

Y/n's POV

If I told you that the only reason I'm looking forward to school is because of carvings on a desk would you think I'm crazy?

Because it's true...

I'm in my junior year of high school, and I've never been one to enjoy school.

School will be always be the death of me.

My passions never lied with education, I was just here for the sake of pleasing my parents.

All that reputation talk, and how people will start to shame my family if I don't go to University and get a degree.  What about my happiness my dear family?

Every day has become a routine, and I've had the same routine for the last 4 years of high school ...

So imagine how shocked my parents were when suddenly everyday I woke up on time and was eager to get to school.

————5 months ago ————

I walk to school, and see my only friend Lisa waiting for me at the lockers.

Lisa is the total opposite of me, she's the life of the party, full of energy and always has a bright smile on her face. I have no idea how we became best friends. Unlike me she actually enjoys showing up to school.

"What a wonderful day it is Y/n, aren't you excited for the second semester? We are getting new classes!" She said sporting her bright smile.

"Ugh don't remind me, as if first semester wasn't already bad enough." I responded.

It's only going to get worse with new classes.

"Oh come on bro, for all you know there can be chill people in your class, and you can make friends with them." Lisa shared.

"Yeah yeah, who would be trying to make friends now? We are on our second last year of high school." I said a matter of factly.

Lisa frowned at how sad my statement was, and changed the topic, "So what's your first class?"

"I have english what about you?"

"Luckyy, I have bio." She whined, "Which I probably should get going to now, I'll see you at lunch Y/n" She said before, waving goodbye.

I look down at my schedule and see that my english class room is 209. Which means it's on the second floor.

For fuck sakes...I'm too lazy to walk up the stairs.

Once I reached my class, I took a seat at some random desk in the corner, but my teacher immediately spoke up.

"There's actually a seating plan." She informed me pointing at projector screen, where in fact there was a seating plan.

I searched for my name on the screen, and it wasn't a bad seat. I was still sitting in the back row, not a corner, but at least I'm in the back.

Once everyone got seated the teacher started to talk about the course outline, and all that useless stuff that doesn't need my attention.

God help me I'm so bored.

I was fiddling around with my math set, when an idea popped into my head.

The desk I was sitting at was perfect, like it was brand new and showed no signs of experiencing "teenage student".

So I decided to ruin that. I took the compass from my math set, and using the sharp metal I carved "so bored" into the desk.

Forgive me for being not so creative, but at this moment I have no idea what else I can say.

After 50 more minutes of my teacher speaking absolute nonsense I could finally leave the class room.