The Raffle

Rosé's POV

Every year my school holds an annual summer festival, and it's the most anticipated event of the year!

Families and kids from the neighbourhood always attended the festival.

Students look forward to it so much, the sun is shining, our final exams are all over, fun activities/games and FOOD!

There are so much food stations with delicious options that just make my mouth water just thinking about it...

It's all student run though, so if you're a senior you have to participate in an event to raise money for the school during the festival.  It's actually a requirement for us to graduate.

Of course after some participation we'll get time to explore the festival on our own.

This year I'm a finally a senior, so that means I'll have to participate in the festival...

————x————

"Students, as you know the summer festival will be taking place a week from today. By now you should all be signed up for an event, but if you haven't make sure you find an event. Spots are going away quickly!" the teacher said to the class.

"Chae have you found an event yet?" Jennie asked.

I groaned. As I still couldn't find an event.

"No Jen," I frowned. "Omg what if I don't graduate with you guys, and I'm held back for a year, then you forget about me and find a replacement for me named Wosé and-"

"Whoaa chill out girl, we'll find you something don't worry," Lisa reassured me while patting my head.

I doubt it, all the events are probably full right now.

"I mean Rosé, you can always be the raffle gir-" Jennie suggested, but I cut her off immediately.

"NO, don't even say the name, there's no way I'm being this years raffle girl," I said shutting down the idea completely.

Now I know you must be wondering what is the raffle girl?

Basically, a girl from the senior class, is all 'prettied' up and advertised to be the raffle girl. Then there's a huge raffle that takes place where people would purchase tickets to have a chance to 'win' a date with the raffle girl. If their name gets drawn.

Now apart from the idea being a 'prize'. You must be wondering why no one wants to be the raffle girl. I mean you have a chance to go on a date with a cute guy right?

Well for one, I'm gay as hell

Two, the raffle is totally rigged.

Every year the winner of the raffle is always some creepy outlier or some douche fuck boy.

Basically, the last person you would want to ever go on a date with.

And it's not even a coincidence, because it's been happening EVERY.SINGLE. YEAR.

So it's obviously rigged in the favour of someone.

Last years raffle girl was Bae Joo-hyun, aka Irene, and Kai was the one that won the raffle.

Kai was your typical popular boy jock, and I've heard that Kai tried to take inappropriate advances on Irene without consent.

Fortunately Irene was able to shut it down, but it really took a toll on the poor girl.

(NOTE: I don't have a problem with Kai, I love him, but he's always the bad guys in other stories I read so I used him 😭👍🏼)

So now you know where my distaste for the raffle girl position comes from.