ঔৣ𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘ঔৣ

𝕴 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖉. I never found out what happened between a dragon chasing me and then waking up in a strange bed with animal hide covers in an even stranger cave.

The first thing I noticed was that I was covered in bandages. Especially on my back, legs, and arms.

All I could hear was the sound of fire burning. The bed that someone had placed me on is actually comfortable. A cotton sheet covered me from my feet to my neck and a single candle lit the small room, the flame flickering on the stone walls.

It smelt of smoke and sweat. The sweat possibly from seeing as I was unbelievably hot.

"Ah, you're awake!"

I jumped hearing the voice and threw the covers off of me, knocking a towel off my bed. My ragged white gown stuck to my skin, my sweat acting as glue. It was degusting. I didn't want anyone to see me like this- not while I looked like this wearing only a nightgown.

Yes. I could tell I was not wearing anything under my thin gown. Making me even more panicked when I realized someone changed my clothes.

"Whoa! Whoa! Slow down! You're still pretty banged up from Kirishima trying to capture you. Sorry about that, by the way."

I looked to the corner of the room to see a man wearing a tan vest and black hat with a long white feather sticking out of it. His hair was yellow with a black streak that ran through it. Small scales covered the sides of his face and hands, while his pupils looked to snake-like slits. While he appeared to be friendly, he had a mischievous look in his dark amber eyes.

"Where am I?" I blurted out, my eyes darting around the room in a panic.

The man took a step out of the shadows where I could see him better. His face suddenly got serious. "Why were you in dragon territory? Did you somehow miss all of the burnt trees? I helped burn some of that, you know!" He ended his questioning with a light-hearted joke, but I could tell he wanted me to answer the questions.

"Y-You're a dragon? I'm talking to a dragon!" I shouted, panic starting to shoot through my body as a stone dropped in my stomach.

"Hey, don't worry! I'm in my moral form, see? I look almost identical to you!"

He didn't. Humans don't have scales and don't have amber eyes.

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice sounded desperate.

I hate being in a situation like this. I hate sounding desperate but for a moment I considered if I was dead and in the afterlife. I think anyone would do anything to get out of this room.

"Shh, I can't answer any of your questions until our king's right-hand-man arrives. All I am allowed to tell right now is that we won't kill you."

While that did put my nerves at ease, I feared that plans might change. Dragons are known for being merciless. But this dragon before me did seem to be dim. Maybe this dragon would let me go?

Suddenly I heard a loud roar that made the dim stone cave we were in shake and rattle. I covered my ears and closed my eyes, clinching in fear.

"Oh! That sounds like him!"

The cracked wooden door to the cave opened, and a tall muscular man with red hair and red eyes entered the room. He had black scales around his eyes and chin. He had a very serious expression. He looked me up and down, and then talked to the other man like I wasn't here.

"Has she said anything about why she is here?"

"No, she's just scared."

"Do you have your spear, Denki?"