ঔৣ𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎ঔৣ

𝔥𝔞𝔡 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔟𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔰𝔬 close to such a beast.

But the King did not allow me to react. I could feel his strong hand squeeze my shoulder. The tight grip making his fingers dig under my aching shoulder blade. He pulled my neck back in an attempt to make me stand up straighter. It hurt. But I knew that I could not move.

"Here is the human," was what the king told the dragon before pushing me forward harshly.

His push made me stumbled over my feet. I knew I was falling as the airbrushed past my face and the ground came dangerously close to my face. I caught myself with my already bruised hands and keens, the hard stone ground peeling the skin off with a lingering sting. I expected to see a bloody mark there later.

With my hair dangling over my eyes and body bent over, I looked up to see the dragon's huge wide eye red eyes staring through me. The bright eye before blinded me, but I was frozen with fear. Unable to close my eyes as I swear I was becoming blind by the unmissable redness around me.

The eye blinked once again- slowly- oddly slow. The eye towered over me, five times bigger than I was. It huffed out of its nose as I tried to stand up. But most importantly- the eye reminded me of something.

Its eyes reminded me of the king's eyes that I was growing strangely in love with.

It blinked eerily slow-again- at my sweating face and sniffed me again. I shook with fear of what would happen to me. And what these dragons' intentions were. For the days I had been here- they still refused to tell me what their plan.

"The human is female. And doesn't seem to understand where her place is," the king hissed the last part out passive-aggressively as he stepped out to stand proudly beside me.

I feel like he was presenting me as if he was a hunter who was showing off his prey. Or like how I would show lords whatever bull I risked my life for.

"Kirishima found her at the mountain foot the day after you ordered the fire... And lucky for us- she knows that damn Deku."

I wished the king didn't mention that. Oh, in the future I would wonder if I had been killed right there. Maybe devastation would not have tortured the land I once ran through.

I lowered my head to the ground then, in humiliation that I had been captured by these foolish dragons. Especially this king. I thought he was on my side. And now I could hear him chuckle while he talked to the dragon. A dragon.

"Ha! But she won't tell the truth! Even after all of my threats- she still won't budge!"

I grimaced at the comment. He had been nice- well- as nice as he could be. Now, what was he? A ruthless king.

I had been tricked.

He did not care what happened to me.

At the end of the day, I was nothing more than his game.

"I was telling the truth! I have not seen or spoken to him since he left! I can't tell you anything about his training- even if I wanted to! You have to believe me!"

I hate begging. But that was just what I was doing.

The king was frustrated with me. I could feel the tension in the air. But I was mainly focused on the fact that I could smell a burning smell that came from below the cliff that I was on. It was not fire. It was just a blur of orange and red densely pressed together.

No. No. It was lava.

My breathing came out ragged and rough. The dragon huffed and lifted its massive head high above me and the king. A shadow fell over us as the dragon's teeth bared before me, showing me its yellow and sharp fangs that could easily break me into two pieces of meat.