ঔৣ𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎ঔৣ

 ℑ 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔩𝔬𝔠𝔨𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 that room for-for- Oh, I didn't know how long. I didn't know what time it was. All I knew was that was tired and hungry, and missing the free feeling of running through the woods with my hair blowing in the wind.

The straw bed I had been provided was hurting my back. The straws stab through the thin fabric of the gown I was given to heal in. I was able to stand now, as long as I have something to grab onto. Of course, no one had helped me learn how to walk. I had to do that on my own. And I was proud of that.

The swelling in my arms and legs had also gone down quite a bit. I was able to remove the bandages from my arm, but a scar from the arrow still remained as a mark on my s/c skin. And as a reminder of the freedom I once had.

The king came to visit me again. That time the red-haired man who I knew as Kirishima accompanied him. Kirishima explained to me that I will not be able to return to human land for a long time. They told me the war was on the horizon between humans and dragons. They wanted to keep me at their lair as a source of information.

I feel like they didn't have to tell me that. I had known for a long time that there would be some kind of battle.

The king barely spoke to me. All he said was, "I'm having them move you to a different room, human."

But did not tell me when. The king is a very rude man, I have learned. It feels like he finishes every sentence with an insult or a threat. The only time where I don't fear the chance of him cutting my throat is when someone else is in the room with him.  Especially Kirishima. He seems to be able to control him. Do a degree.

I feel like these dragons judge me. I believe they think I am less than them, weaker than them. They talk down to me like I am a child. They think I am dumb. Oh, are they wrong. The only reason they caught me was that I was in a vulnerable position. And there were no trees around for me to use as a defense.

I want to talk back to them and explain my life-risking tales of stealing and killing all for my survival. But I knew better. They do that every day. Killing is nothing to them. They would not be impressed.

I still sit in this straw bed all day. I will only be fed once a day, and given water to drink once a day, and continue to grow thinner and more delusional.

"Human woman! I'm coming in!"

I sat up, recognizing the voice of Kaminari. He must be my favorite dragon. He's the one who brings me food and water, and over the days I have been here, has even brought up conversations with me.

The wooden door opened, and Kaminari's slender frame and smile greeted me with a bag of food and a metal container filled with water.

"I made sure the water cold for you this time, (Y/n). As you requested," Kaminari said as he closed the door behind him and placed the food and water on my bed.