ঔৣ𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗ঔৣ

Where do I go from here?

I had an idea of what to do with myself before. Not so much anymore. Now what do I have?

A confused heart.

The monstrous king of the dragons had fallen in love with me. Well, I can't be sure. That is just a part of me that hopes that it is true. A shameful part of me.

But even hearing that he likes me, even though that has been what I've wanted to hear since my heart started to beat harder every time I see him... I wish he didn't. Now it was different. Now my fantasy was all too real. The reality of having the king of dragons... I don't know... What does that make me?

The king has yet to admit his feelings. I have not told him- and do not plan on telling him- how I feel. After all, it is probably just a small faze that will blow over. My true love left me. I can not have anyone else.

I know the courier might be trying to trick me. He might want me to fall into a trap where I would be exposed emotionally.

"You're important to me, human."

My face turned red at the memory. How did he say that to me with such a straight face? With such a cold face?

I was starting to feel overwhelmed. I buried my face in my hands, not wanting to look at myself any longer. I had allowed myself to become weak. I let my heart out again, and like a cat, it dragged back a dead animal that brings me nothing but disgust.

That king might as well be a dead animal. It's no telling how many girls have fallen for him, or how many of them he loved back. He has no queen to accompany him. Me being human doesn't make a difference.

I could feel my heart twist up and ache, but I knew it was the truth.

Where do I go from here? Nowhere. I have nowhere to go. Lord Kirishima told me he would return for me. Hopefully not to confront me again. I am not looking for more discoveries that lead me to nothing.

And just like every time, the thought of having someone enter my chamber summoned their knock at the door.

I stood up and sighed, ready for whatever horrible news they bring to me.

But I did not hear a knock. No. I heard a bang.

Lord Kaminari appeared in the doorway, disheveled, sweating, missing his black leather hat. His amber eyes wide with panic.

"Lord?" I questioned, the word burning on my tongue in disgust that I must now talk to these dragons so seriously.

"No time for formalities, my lady, we are quite a bit of trouble. If you would follow me," Kaminari panted, holding his hand out for me.

I took a step back, "what is going on?" I demanded, unfolding my hands.

"Please just do as told. I don't want to use force."

I wanted to stay in my chamber. I didn't want to follow him. The last time I was brought out of this room I was nearly devoured by a dragon. But had noticed the dagger on his belt. And the horned dragon men behind him in armor, and knew I didn't have a choice.

I took his hand and was rushed down caverns, the two guards trailing behind us with their eyes watching my every move.

I shouted at Kaminari to slow down as I was constantly tripping over the dress I was forced to wear. Gravel stabbed the bottoms of my feet due to my thin black flats, the wetness of the blood leaving a trail.

It hurt so much. But no one around me cared. I was still dragged through dark tunnels, the only sound my yells of protest. But that wasn't normal. The normal here was for the echoing of voices of the dragons and roars from the distance.