Chapter 10- Brownies

"Freddie get off of me!" Elliana giggled as Fred tickled her off the couch and onto the floor.

Everybody was gathered in the living room, including Mrs. Weasley and Mr. Weasley. Elliana was comfortable around them, even after they found out her and Fred were together. They told them at Christmas of last year.
~
"Mum, dad, meet my girlfriend, Elliana gray Esther." Fred grinned as he spoke to his mother.

"Really Freddie! El! I'm so happy for you two!" Molly squealed happily. She could not have been happier. "I'm so glad it's her! She's such a sweet girl!" Molly pulled Eliana into a tight embrace as mr Weasley smiled, clearly happy and approving.

~

Fred continued tickling Elliana, causing her eyes to water from laughing. Ginny giggled just before grabbing Fred off of Elliana and wrestling him. Ginny to the rescue.

It took Elliana a long moment to catch her breathe. She look up at the couch to see Ginny, Ron, George and Fred all playfully fighting. It seemed Ron and Ginny were on a team, and the twins were on another. Elliana loved being at the burrow.

Fred rolled off the couch and stood up, facing Elliana. Hermione and Harry continued to chant and cheer on the fighters. It was clear they were cheering on Ron and Ginny against George, who was now alone.

"Fred! How dare you leave me!" George dramatically yelped, fighting off his younger siblings. Fred chuckled, glancing back at the couch.

"Elliana and I are going to go make desert for tonight, it should only take a bit of time." Fred spoke cheerfully, as he walked to the kitchen with her at his side.

Elliana pulled out ingredients as Fred preheated the oven. He rolled up the sleeves of his sweatshirt and walked over behind Elli.

"Brownies then?" He questioned as she poured the cocoa into a bowl.

Elliana giggled slightly, they always made brownies whenever she visited the burrow. Everybody said they were the best brownies possible. "Of course." She smiled, turning around and kissing him. He pressed her against the counter as he kissed back.

"You two better not be snogging!" Ron yelled from outside the door. Fred slowly pulled away from the kiss, eyeing the door.

"I'll snog who and what I want Won-Won" Fred sniggered, hearing Ron complain to the others in the living room.

Elliana glanced up and his eyes met hers once more. She wanted to stop time; never leave his side.

"I love you." She breathed, not breaking the eye contact.

"I love you too"  Fred spoke lightly, kissing her once more. It was sweet moments like this that Elliana loved.  "I'll never leave your side love." He spoke once more. Elliana's heart was pumping.

"Promise?" Elliana asked, not doubting what he said.

"I promise." He replied calmly, before walking to grab a pan for the brownies.

Elliana's heart fluttered. She trusted Fred with her whole heart. Not only that but she also loved him with her whole heart. She was so glad she nearly fell down the stairs that night.

"Here's the pan you git." Fred teased, placing the pan down next to her.

"Oh shut up you ass." Elliana retorted jokingly. Fred smirked.

"Oh I'm an ass now?" He raised his eyebrow, making Elliana laugh.

"Yeah. You are, ya git." Elliana smiled non stop. "Mind putting the pan in the oven for me?" Elliana looked at him as she finished pouring the batter in.

"No problem Elli- Elliana" He spoke, grabbing the pan and placing it in the oven. They preferred using a muggle heat source. The brownies always tasted better.

Elliana raised her eyebrow when Fred avoided calling her by her nickname, Elli.

Fred smirked at her, unbothered by her confusion. Elliana felt her head crowd. Why did that make her angry?

"Why won't you call me Elli?" Elliana questioned blantly. She had no trouble being straight forward. If something was wrong, she would know.

"Hm?" Fred looked at her, meeting her eyes. Elliana knew he heard her.

"You heard me Weasley." Elliana bit her lip back in frustration. Why was he acting like this?

"I called you Elli awhile ago did I not?" Fred lightly argued back. He was awfully defensive.

"Yeah but, why did you correct youself just now?" Elliana bit down on the inside of her cheek. She was getting frustrated with him for the first time in a long time.

"Did I?" Fred laughed lightly. "I apologize for that." He smiled at her.

"It's alright." Elliana replied simply, walking over to check the brownies. "You mind grabbing the ice cream? They're almost ready." Elliana glanced back at Fred who was staring at her.

"Yeah, I'll be back in a quick second." Fred replied. Already walking out the kitchen door.

Weird? Maybe not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everybody was sitting around the table eating desert now. Elliana was seated next to ginny and Fred.; she jokingly stole a bite of brownie from Ginny's plate and Ginny sarcastically gasped, stealing a bite from Elliana's.

Fred had his hand placed on Elliana's thigh as he ate. The touch comforted her. She wouldn't have wanted it to be anyone else.

"That was delicious!" Molly exclaimed, pushing her plate away from her. "Perfect way to end off the night." She added. That was her way of saying goodnight, since she walked out of the kitchen shortly after.

One by one, people cleared the kitchen, placing their dishes in the sink. Elliana did dishes for awhile, eventhough almost everybody had gone to bed; everybody except Fred, who was chatting away about how rubbish one of the quidditch teams were.

Elliana laughed whenever he came up with a new curse word to call their skill. She finished dishes and leaned on the counter once more, now looking at Fred.

"Good night wasn't it darling?" He asked. It was now 12:00/midnight, and Elliana was quite tired.

""It really was." Elliana began, "I may stay another night, I'll be to work on time though. Is that alright?" Elliana looked up at him, meeting his soft gaze.

"That's perfectly fine. George and I will go home Sunday night and you can come back Monday morning." He smiled, pulling her into a soft kiss.

"I love you." Elliana grinned into the kiss.

"I love you more." Fred replied competitively, yet sweetly.

"Impossible. That's simply impossible." Elliana giggled as he picked her up and spun her around. They truly were in love.