3

Sirius and James waited for Remus to fall asleep that night so that they could sneak out and explore the castle. But even with boys that clever and sneaky, they don't really have common sense.

James had thought it would've been fun to go without his invisibility cloak and Sirius agreed.

So the boys wandered the corridors of Hogwarts alone at four thirty in the morning. Great idea, really. Until they got caught by the one and only, their new favourite teacher, Professor Mcgonagall.

"Now, what are you two boys doing awake at this time of night?" She asked with a hint of demand.

Sirius turned to James and whispered, "Watch this." before going up to the Scottish witch and smiling brightly up at her.

"We were looking for you, love."

"I beg your pardon?" 

Sirius contained his laughter and carried on. "Well, you and me, we'd accomplish great things together. Don't you think?" Sirius leant coolly against a wall as the witch looked at him in shock.

"I most certainly do not! To bed! The both of you. Now!"

A giggling James and laughing Sirius ran back to their dormitory and slipped under their covers, in delight of what just happened. 

"Tell Remus tomorrow, yeah?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah." James yawned before drifting off to sleep.

-

As the four boys walked into their Transfiguration classroom, James was telling Peter and Remus of last night's events when Sirius caught sight of Mcgonagall.

"James." He whispered. "James!" He hissed, catching the attention of the black-haired boy before diverting it to the woman at the front of the room.

"This is going to be a great lesson!" The boys said in unison.

That being said, Remus shook his head in disbelief and muttered lowly under his breath. "Merlin help this poor woman."

Class begun and the two mischievous boys went up to the front to greet their teacher.

"Hello." Sirius beamed.

"Merlin's beard! Why are you two imbeciles in my classroom?"

"You're our teacher." said James, matching the grin on his friend's face.

Remus took his seat, watching from afar and prayed for the woman with no idea as to what they were actually saying to her.

"My offer still stands." Sirius winked before the two went to take their seats. At the front. Right in front of the professor.

-

After class, Minerva Mcgonagall was relieved to be free of the human devils that were James Potter and Sirius Black. Though, the boys weren't too happy that class was over. They enjoyed talking to her.

-

As the days went by, Remus Lupin constantly found himself in situations where he had to drag Black and Potter away from people by their collars. Literally. The young wizard was freakishly strong.

He felt sorry for the people who had to interact with the two, excluding himself as he knew that from then on, he would be considered responsible for their actions. Like a pet and its owner. Like a child and its parent.

All while Peter Pettigrew trailed behind the three boys, like a tail on a rat.

-

Time flies by when you're having fun and the boys found themselves saying goodbye for the holidays.