5

I laugh at my own writing sometimes.

____

"Remus looks like he came back from the dead." James whispered.

Sirius shrugged but carefully watched as Remus walked into the classroom. He went and took a seat next to Sirius and rested his head on the table.

"You ok, Remus?"

"Great, thanks." he mumbled.

"You sure?"

"I just didn't get much sleep last night."

"Oh." Sirius knew something was wrong but he knew better than to poke the bear.

He remained silent and turned to James to give him cheesy pick-up lines.

After class, Remus avoided contact with his friends and stayed outside, by the Whomping Willow. He liked being outside, it made him feel happy; whenever he was outside, he felt a feeling of internal warmth and contentment.

But his peace was soon interrupted as Sirius Black's voice could be heard from behind.

"Come on!" The boys ran to Remus and attacked him in a group hug, causing the young boy to laugh.

Shortly after, Sirius stood up and stood in front of the old tree. "WHOMP ME DADDY!" He yelled as he humped the air.

"S-Sirius!" James exclaimed, losing his words as laughter took over his entire body.

Remus wasn't able to control his laughter either, clutching his sides from laughing. Peter let out a small giggle.

"COME ON!" Sirius exclaimed before falling to the ground shortly after, exploding in laughter.

-

"We need a name." said James.

"What for?" Remus gave him a quizzical look.

"Us!" Sirius chimed.

"The um, um pirates?"

"No." said Remus. "If you want a cool name, I personally like The Marauders. It means the same thing but it sounds way cooler."

"I like that." Sirius nodded.

"I think pirates is cooler but fine- wait! Peter?"

"I agree with R-Remus." Peter squeaked.

James glared at him and then slowly nodded. "The Marauders. From now on, if anyone refers to us, it will be as The Marauders."

"I'm gonna go eat." Sirius jumped off his bed and stood in the doorway. "Anyone want anything?"

"It's twelve AM."

"Yes."

"And you're getting food?"

"Yes."

"Chocolate. I want chocolate." Remus grinned.

"Anyone else? Cuz once I sneak into the kitchen, I will no longer be taking requests....No? Ok, bye."

Sirius went down eight flights of stairs to get to the kitchens and by the time he reached, he was even more hungry.

Back at the dormitory, Remus was helping James with his Potions homework. And by helping, it meant doing it for him.

Remus was never one to do homework for others but he didn't want to see his friend fail so he decided to help him out a bit.

"Now we need to make it believable so memorise these cards."

"Why!?"

"If she asks you to explain it, what are you going to say?" Asked Remus. James's face went blank. "Exactly."

James reluctantly took the cards and began reading off of them, throwing an occasional glare at the brown-haired wizard.

Sirius returned with a bundle of food in his arms, struggling to enter the room.

"A little help?"

Remus stood up and took a chocolate bar.

"Wow thanks mate." Sirius said flatly.

"No problem."

Sirius dropped all the food and used his wand to levitate it into the room seeing as he couldn't get past the door with all that food in his arms.

The boys ate, laughed and even cried a little that night.

-

Remus Lupin lay awake that night, thinking.

I want to tell them, I really do. But I can't. If I do, no one will ever come within five metres of me. And I'll lose all my friends. I hate myself.

Why can't I be normal? Why can't I be like anyone else? Why can't life be easier? It would just be so much easier to run away and never ever ever come back.

I might just do that, run away. Then no one can bother me. I can transform freely and always be outside.

But then I wouldn't be able to see Sirius or James or Peter. And I would hate that.

They're my bestest friends in the whole wide world. I would do anything for them. And I hope we stay friends forever.

But what if they find out? They'd hate me. I'm a monster. I hurt people.

I'll never be happy. Never ever. And I have to live with that pain, the pain that no one will ever truly know me. Know Remus Lupin. Know that I was attacked by an evil werewolf.

Will I ever know love in my life? Probably not. Is there anything I will ever be able to do that will change that? No.

I will forever be alone and unloved. No one wants a werewolf near them. Let alone be friends with one.

-
The next day was a rather gloomy one indeed. It was pouring with rain and the sky was a green-ish gray. The wind blew furiously. Thunder clapped and lightning struck, startling a few students.

Dumbledore sat in his seat, accompanied by Minerva Mcgonagall, Sirius's favourite teacher.

There was a slight murmur filling the hall as the students all felt tired and less happy, their moods fitting the weather outside.

But if anyone could cheer them up, it was Sirius Black and James Potter.

That being said, Sirius got up from his seat and stood on the table. At the top of his lungs, he shouted. "I AM ATTRACTED TO LEAVES!"

The hall burst out in laughter and applause at the stupidity of Sirius. And as if that wasn't enough, James ran and stood at Dumbledore's podium and said "SIRIUS BLACK! YOU HAVE RUINED OUR RELATIONSHIP! WE'RE OVER, I'M DONE! TAKE YOUR THINGS OUT OF MY DORM, YOU ARE NO LONGER MY LOVER!"

The hall was filled with 'oooooh's and whispers.

And in their heads, the two boys could only think about how stupid everyone would have to be to actually believe them. Then again, this was a school of magic with talking ghosts and moving staircases. How much weirder could it get?

-
AHHHH I CANT WITH MYSELF RN BAHAHAHAHA