7

"....and then I'll ask her to marry me, and then we'll have a huge wedding and live happily ever after with our three children, James, James and Jamesette."

"Mate, I don't think any woman on earth would ever buy into that plan of yours, especially not Evans."

Sirius had been listening to James talk about his life plan with Lily for the past two hours and he was really tired of hearing the love-sick boy's desires.

"And plus, why would you name them all the same?"

"Because. I'm me. I'm amazing."

"Keep telling yourself that, mate." Sirius sighed.

Remus entered the room with seven chocolate bars and when he saw his friends inside, he turned back around and walked down the corridor, in hopes that they didn't see him.

"Too late, we saw you so you have to share." James grinned as he used Remus's shoulders to jump in front of him.

"Fine. One for you guys to share and the other six for me."

"Not bloody likely mate." Sirius chimed. "One each or we take them all!"

"Fine." Remus groaned, handing them a chocolate bar each with a frown glued to his face. "Now you guys owe me." He grumbled as he watched them stuff their faces with chocolate.

"Animals, I tell you.." He muttered under his breath as they finished the chocolates and handed him the wrappers.

-

"Lily Potter. It's got a nice ring to it." Marlene giggled.

Lily rolled her eyes and carried on reading her book.

A smile grew on Marlene's face. "So what're you two planning on naming your kids?"

"Excuse me?" Lily looked up from her book, shocked. "I don't like him. He's mean to Severus and and I don't want to talk about it anymore, Mare." She grumbled and looked back at her book.

"Lily!" Marlene threw a pillow at her friend.

"Marlene!" Lily threw one back.

"I hope you know he really likes you."

"Oh really, I couldn't tell." Lily replied, her tone dripping in sarcasm.

"Funny." Marlene said flatly.

-

"Okay! The day I get her to go out with me, you all will owe me five sickles each!" James declared.

The boys all agreed as they were certain it would never happen. Lily didn't like him and he was a love-sick idiot in their eyes.

Anyways, the boys made the bet and it was only valid until their last day of Hogwarts.

But James was confident in himself. And so he said that if it didn't happen, he'd give them all a galleon each.

-

"The day I go out with him, I will give you a sickle, Mare." Lily laughed softly. Just then, Alice Granfors joined the conversation.

"I want in. I agree with Mare and I like money so.."

"Sure." Lily smiled. "The more the merrier." Lily Evans was positive that she would never go out with James Potter. He was, well she had no reason for disliking him that much but she just did. Or at least that's what she told herself. Every morning. Every afternoon. Every evening. And every night.

She had trouble convincing herself.

Alice walked over and placed a kiss on Lily's head. "You know we're right."

"Sure." Lily said bluntly.

-

You should know, in the past three weeks, James had been rejected seventeen times and Lily was hiding from him whenever she heard his voice nearby. Sirius and Marlene Mckinnon had been getting along splendidly and Remus had befriended a Frank Longbottom who had a huge crush on Alice.

Peter, however just watched. He didn't really live his own life, he just watched everyone else's take its course. He observed other's happiness, sadness, disappointment, hate, anger and fear. Yet never really experienced his own. He was invisible almost. The boys would include him because James would take pity on him all the time. Little did he know...

-

As the days went on, the boys' behaviour became acceptable for Minerva. Every time she was informed about their little acts, she would sigh and call them to her office, not sure what punishment would actually stop them from doing stupider things.

So at this point, she was just fed up.

That being said, Sirius and James were on their way to prank the Slytherin common room. Their main target? Severus Snape.

They were running at full speed, dungbombs in their hands and they had these huge grins glued to their faces.

Remus knew of this, yes. But he was busy. He was making sure no teachers were going in that direction. He was stalling Mcgonagall. The things that boy does for his friends.

James and Sirius reached the Slytherin common room and muttered the password.

"Pureblood." Sirius spat. "How original."

The door swung open and they slipped in and hid behind a couch. They set the dungbombs on the floor and put a few on the couch before running out. Sirius had hexed them to go off at a certain time. And it was perfect.

As soon as they left, the common room began filling up with green smoke and a ghastly smell.

Shouts of disgust were heard.

Paul Parkinson's odd little voice echoed into the corridor.

"EWW!!!THIS IS EEWWWWW!!!"

"Nice one James." Sirius laughed, nudging his friend slightly. They ran back to the Gryffindor common room after listening to more complaints of the smell.

Remus was waiting for them in the dorm and gave them a high five as they walked in.

"That was wicked!"

"I bet it was."

"You missed it, Ree. It was so funny!" Sirius exclaimed, mimicking an explosion with his hands and laughing loudly.

"No worries, I had fun too. Mcgonagall gave me bonbons for keeping you two out of trouble for the past twenty three hours. Little does she know.."

The boys burst out laughing and then James went back to talking about Lily Evans. Of course.

"NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOU TALK ABOUT LILY!!"

-

"NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR HOW MUCH YOU HATE JAMES!!" Marlene shouted.

Lily had found out about what had happened in the Slytherin common room and she was furious to say the least.

"But he- ugh!" Lily stomped her foot in anger and buried her face in her pillow.

Marlene was certain that Lily liked him. It was obvious.

She always said she 'hated' him. She always complained about him and she always called him 'annoying'.

Ahh. Young love. Marlene thought to herself.

__
Also, look at this. It was yesterday but still.