24

inspo for this chapter^^

vote and comment if ya like it <3

-

"If you're happy and you know it-"

Lily turned around abruptly, "Shut UP, SIRIUS!"

"I'M BORED!"

"WELL GO BE BORED IN YOUR OWN DORM!"

"Noooo," Sirius whined, "Remus is trying to make us all do...homework!"

"Good, I reckon that'll be good for you, seeing as you show up late to class every time!"

"I am fashionably late, Lilyflower!"

"How can you be fashionably late if your shirt is always untucked and your tie is always undone?"

"Hmm, you like to keep an eye on me, I see."

"Oh, shut it, Black." She scoffed, though her ears went slightly red.

Sirius chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm kidding!" he laughed, receiving a smack on the arm from the red-head.

-

The boys had been bored out of their minds that entire week, having been abnormally exhausted for some reason. 

But of course, when the Marauders were feeling down, Peeves just had to step in. 

Although the poltergeist was known for being as mischievous as the four Gryffindors, it brought his spirits down to see them so quiet, so being his troublesome self, he planted some dungbombs in the common room, in hopes that the boys would see them.

And to his luck, they did.

"Oi, Potter!" Sirius called out, "Look what I found!" He grinned devilishly, holding up the dungbombs in his hand. 

Remus chuckled lightly, "Normally, I'd say no, but can we throw that into Snivellous's cauldron during Potions tomorrow?"

"Fuck, yeah, Moony!"

"Moony?" Remus mused.

"It's your nickname now," Sirius smiled triumphantly, he'd been coming up with all sorts of nicknames for Remus but this one by far, was the best. 

"Moony," said James, "I like it."

Peter sighed, "Guys, weren't we supposed to do the mandrake thing for the Animagi thing?"

"Yeah," James shook his hand, "But we have to wait for our next Herbology lesson, remember, Pete?"

"Right." Peter shrugged. 

-

After successfully pranking the Slytherins, the Marauders ran back to the Gryffindor common room and collapsed on the sofa, all out of breath and sweaty. 

They lied there for about twenty whole minutes before their Head of House came in furiously, demanding that they follow her to her office. 

Of course she had already found out, seeing as Severus Snape went straight to her, saying it was the four mischievous Gryffindors. 

So sitting in Professor Mcgonagall's office, the boys were unable to find time to strategise and get out of being blamed, so they did the next best thing they could think of: Copy Remus. 

"And might I ask - who is behind this shenanigan?"

A smirk crept onto Remus's face. "It was Sirius." 

"It was Sirius." Peter mimicked. 

"It was..Sirius." James said slowly, approving of the new blame-shifting technique. 

"It was Sirius." said Sirius quickly, before realising what had just happened, "Wait - no - !"

"I see," The Scottish witch said, shaking her head in disapproval, attempting to conceal her laughter. 

"Professor!" Sirius began, "It wasn't - I didn't - it was actually -  never mind."

"Just as I thought, Mr. Black, no excuses this time."

"Detention?"

"Four thirty on Friday, do not be late."

"Yeah, yeah." Sirius muttered under his breath as the four of them stood up and left the Professor's office.

They all made their way back to the common room, making fun of Sirius's little...mistake as he grumbled and swore at them all the entire way back, before dropping himself onto the sofa in anger. 

"I'll get you all for this!"

"I'm sure you will, Sirius." Remus chuckled lightly, shaking his head. 

"I will! You'd better watch out!"

Peter burst out in laughter, clutching his stomach tightly, "Sirius, you haven't noticed, have you?"

"Noticed what? Where's James?"

Remus also broke out into a fit of laughter and James appeared too, giggling slightly. 

"What. Did. You. Do?"

Suddenly, a green smoke filled the room and the boys made a run for it, all except Sirius, who couldn't remove himself from the sofa, having been stuck to it...as if by magic. 

"I'm gonna kill them." He muttered, covering his nose with his sweater. 

-

very short chapter, ik. i have exams and shit so its kinda hard to find time to write. hope you guys like it tho <3