20 | End of Year 2 - Summer

"I really don't want to leave you guys," James sighed.

"Me neither. This year was way too fun!" Peter chimed, glancing at Sirius, he knew something was wrong.

"Hmm? Yeah." Sirius mumbled, trying to participate in the conversation, so the others wouldn't sense his sadness. But they knew him too well.

"Sirius Orion Black!"

"What."

"Is that.." James sniffed around with his nose in the air like an idiot for a good five seconds. "...Sadness I smell?"

"You can't smell sadness, J." The black-haired wizard grumbled, knowing what was to come.

"Well, we can take it away, can't we, boys?"

"Fuck yes." Remus smiled devilishly.

Peter smirked. "Oh yes, we can."

And with that, the three boys attacked Sirius and began tickling him; he was unable to speak.

"S-S-STOP! I C-CAN'T B-BREATHE! I'M GONNA- G-GONNA!"

"Gonna what, Black?" Remus teased.

"I'M GONNA K-KILL YOU GUYS!"

"I'll take my chances." James cackled.

A solid ten minutes later, they finally, stopped and Sirius was lying on the ground, face red and rolling onto his stomach.

"Fuck you guys."

"We love you, too, Sirius."

-

Once again, the boys were saying goodbye, screaming across the platform and being dragged away by their parents, who were not even slightly amused.

"James, please. You'll see him again in September." Euphemia sighed. "James, let go of the railing!" She exclaimed, not caring about the parents who stared as they passed the family.

"Noooo!" James dramatically cried out, grabbing the air. "Sirius, don't leave me!"

"James, you have five seconds before I kiss you in front of everyone." Fleamont snickered, causing James to stand up straight and grab his mother's hand.

"Yep, okay. Let's go, mum." James held on tightly to his mother's hand before they apparated back home, sending a swirl of uneasiness through James's body. He landed on his feet just outside of the Potters' home, squeezing his mother's hand so tight, it had gone white.

"You okay, Jamesy?"

That nickname.

"Uhm, yeah, mum. I'm fine." He lied. If only he would just tell his parents how much it pained him when they called him that, if only he wouldn't think of her when he heard it.

-

"Sirius Orion Black, go to your room and do not come out until I call you out."

Sirius nodded and went up the stairs quietly, silent tears rolling down his cheeks.

She didn't call him down that night.

-

"Mum, is Dad home?" Remus asked hopefully, not having seen his father since the Easter holidays.

"No, darling. He's out finding some miracle potion to stop your pain during transformations. He's trying really hard to help you, love."

Remus's head drooped. "Oh." He said. "That's okay." The boy sighed. "Well when is he coming back?"

"I'm not sure."

"Oh." Remus sighed. "Need any help with dinner?"

"I'd quite like that, darling. Get me two tomatoes please."

-

"Hello, Peter."

"Oh, hi, Mr. Riddle, sir." Peter chirped happily, trying his hardest to create the illusion that he wanted to carry on with this alliance, let's say.

"I have an activity for you this week. One I think you'll rather enjoy." The mysterious man smirked.

To be quite honest, Peter was unwillingly carrying out these tasks for Mr Thomas Riddle. Being constantly told by his mother that if he didn't listen to the man, great pain and misfortune would fall upon their family.

-

As James Potter sat in his room, he wondered what his friends were doing. What were they getting up to? Who are they with? What if they're making new friends and forgetting about me? What if they don't want to be friends with me after summer? No. They wouldn't do that. Would they?

Thoughts raced his mind, and he honestly couldn't help it. He couldn't help but overthink.

He eventually fell asleep, yet even in his slumbers, James could not escape his pain.

"Jamesy!" Lizzy exclaimed, running into his room and jumping onto his bed. "Wake up! Quickly!"

"Hmm? What is it Lizzy?" James grumbled, still half asleep.

"It's my birthday!"

"Well it's not my birthday so let me sleep."

"Meanie. I'm going to eat your breakfast then." She smirked, in hopes of him jumping out of bed.

"Mmm."

Lizzy rolled her eyes and stomped off.

James woke with a jump. "Lizzy, wait." Realisation hit. She wasn't there. "Merlin."

-

Sorry for not updating since April. Sorry for the short chapter. And sorry for disappearing.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, although it was short and shitty.