Chapter 14

This chapter is exciting!! Hope you guys enjoy!!

Meredith woke him up to a pinch on the nose. She opened her eyes and saw her youngest baby looking at her with a big smile. "Good morning Bails!" Meredith exclaimed. "Hi mama!" Bailey said with a smile. "Did you sleep good?" She asked. "I sleeped soooo good." Bailey answered. "That's good baby!" Meredith exclaimed. She shifted Bailey off of her leg and laid him down on her chest. Bailey rested his head and her shoulder and snuggled into his mother.

"Love mama." Bailey said sleepily. "I love you too baby." Meredith said as she wrapped her arms around her baby boy.

"Hey!" Derek exclaimed as he came in. "Shhh." Meredith said. "Sorry. He's still out?" Derek asked as he gently ruffled baileys hair. "Woke up for a few minutes. Then he went back to sleep." Meredith replied. Derek leant down and pressed his lips against hers and pulled away to move some hair out of her face. "How are you feeling?" Derek asked. "Pretty good actually. My leg is a little sore, but other than that I'm okay." Meredith replied.

"Good." Derek said. "Where's Zo?" Meredith asked. "Right here!" Carolyn exclaimed as she and her daughters came in holding Zola. "Quiet please." Derek said. "Sorry." They apologized as they looked at Bailey. "How you feeling Meredith?" Carolyn asked. "I'm good." Meredith replied. "When do you get out of here?" Lizzie asked. "I think in a few days. Their gonna tell us this morning." Meredith explained. "We are. Can I ask that you guys leave for just a few minutes?" Richard asked. "Sure. Come on girls. Do you want us to take Bailey?" Carolyn asked. "Sure." Derek replied. He grabbed Bailey off of Meredith and carefully gave him to his mother.

"So Grey, how you feeling?" Bailey asked. "Good. My leg is a little sore but other than that pretty good." Meredith replied. "We're gonna check a few things and then talk about when you can get outta here." Amelia said.

Bailey and Richard did an ultrasound to check her abdomen when they found something surprising. "Grey?" Bailey asked. "I think we need to congratulate you on your 3rd child." Bailey said. "What?" Derek and Meredith exclaimed at the same time. "You're pregnant." Bailey said. "B-but- how?" Meredith asked in shock. "I think you know how babies are made Grey." Bailey said with a smirk. "Is it...okay?" Derek asked. "It's looks good to me. I'll call OB." Richard replied. "How didn't you see it before?" Meredith asked. "You're only about 7 weeks along, so it was probably too small to pick up on the ultrasound." Richard replied. "We're gonna leave you two to talk for a while. Then we'll come back and talk about discharge." Amelia said. "Congratulations." They said before leaving.

"Baby." Meredith said. "Baby." Derek replied. "Derek." She whispered. "Mer, it's okay." Derek said quietly. "I miscarried at 7 weeks last time." She whispered. "I know Mer. But everything has been okay. And OB will be in soon." Derek said. "But what if the crash did something to her?" Meredith asked. "Her?" Derek asked with a smile. "Well-I." Meredith stammered. "It's okay Mer. Mother's intuition. You were right about Bailey." Derek said softly. Meredith smiled. "We're having another baby." Meredith whispered. "We're having another baby." Derek repeated in awe as he kissed her.

A knock out the door pulled the couple out of their gaze. "Dr Grey, dr Shepherd." Connie said with a smile. "Connie." Derek said. "Congratulations. Are you feeling okay Meredith?" Connie asked as she sat down "Yeah." Meredith replied. "Okay. We're gonna do an ultrasound and check everything out." Connie said.

"This is gonna be a little cold." Connie warned. She squirted the cool gel onto Merediths stomach and spread it around.

"And this...is your baby." Connie said. Meredith and dereks eyes filled with happy tears. "Looks about...2 months along. Due date...probably around December 18th. Conceived around early March." Connie said. "Wow." Meredith gasped. "You haven't had any spotting or cramping right?" Connie asked. "I mean I haven't really be able to go to the bathroom by myself and I've been on pain meds but I don't think so." Meredith said. "I think they probably would've wrote spotting in your chart. And the cramping you would have felt it, so your probably okay." Connie said. "Call me if you have any concerns or anything." Connie said before she left.

"How did it go?" Amelia asked as she came into the room. "I- good. Everything's good." Meredith said. "Still in a bit of shock." Derek said with a chuckle. "Congratulations you guys." Richard said.

"Anyways, we agreed on a discharge time. We think you can leave in 2 days." Bailey said. "Sounds good to me. No offense, but I'm very ready to leave and see my babies." Meredith replied with a chuckle. "I don't blame you Grey." Bailey said as she cracked a smile. "Are you sure she's okay?" Derek asked worriedly. "I'm okay Derek. And you took a few weeks off too, and I'm sure you'll be hovering the whole time." Meredith said softly as she laid a hand on his forearm. "But-." He started. "Derek. I'm okay. It'll be okay." Meredith said sternly. He nodded and sighed.

After they discussed the discharge and medications, the questions came about the baby. "When are you due Grey?" Bailey asked. "Around december 18th." Meredith replied. "Ooooo Christmas baby. Maybe it'll come on christmas. That'll be fun!" April exclaimed happily. "Oh yeah." Meredith chuckled.

No one seemed to notice Derek looking at Meredith with such admiration. He was amazed by her every single day. Every moment entranced him. From her being knee deep in someone's abdomen from her making dinner at home, he was amazed. They went from an intern dating an attending to a husband and wife with 2 kids and 1 on the way. "I love you." Derek said when everyone left as he kissed her passionately. "I love you so much." He repeated. Meredith smiled against his lips. "I love you too." Meredith said.