Chapter 34

37 weeks. Meredith was at home one day with the kids while Derek was at work. Doing laundry, Meredith felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. She shrugged it off at first, marking it as Braxton Hicks as she had been had been having those recently.

As she walked in to the kitchen to make Zola and Bailey some snacks, the pain happened again, but much much stronger. "Ahh!" Meredith cried out as she put the snack down on the counter. "Zo, bails, why don't we save it for-" Meredith started. "Ahhh, ahhh!" Meredith cried again as she looked down as In horror as she saw blood spreading down her thighs.

Meredith collapsed to her knees and cradled her stomach. "Mama, your bleeding. There's blood!" Zola exclaimed. "I'm okay guys." Meredith said weakly, the blood loss causing her to lose consciousness almost. "Should I call 911?" Zola asked nervously. "Yes. Call." Meredith gasped as her body gave out and she passed out on the floor.

The paramedics came in to the house and quickly identified the patient as Dr Grey. They hastily got Meredith and the kids into the ambulance and drove off. "Grey Sloan, how can I help you?" Callie Torres asked as she answered the phone. "Callie, we got Dr Grey and the kids here with a probable placental abruption." Nicole said. "Oh god. What's your eta?" Callie asked in shock. "10 minutes out." Nicole said before she hung up the phone.

"Page Addison now!" Callie yelled as she zoomed into action. "What's going on?" Bailey asked in concern. "Merediths having a suspected placental abruption. Where's Derek?" Callie replied. Baileys eyes went wide "Uh, in surgery. I'll get him. What's her eta?" Bailey asked. "10 minutes." Callie replied.

Bailey ran off to the OR. "Derek, I have a fellow here. Come out." She said sternly. "What?" He asked in confusion. "Now." She said. Derek senses the worried tone in her voice and put down his instruments. "What happened?" Derek asked. "It's Meredith. Paramedics think she's having a placental abruption." Bailey blurted, watching as Derek ran off to the ER.

Addison and Derek showed up at the same time, right as the ambulance arrived. They ran over and opened the doors, revealing a barely concious and bloody meredith. "Meredith Grey, 37 weeks pregnant, probable placental abruption. Patient lost a lot of blood." Nicole said as wheeled Meredith. Derek quickly ran to Merediths side as Callie took both crying kids away.

Meredith was barely conscious from all the blood loss, was looking around in confusion. "Baby." Meredith muttered through the oxygen mask. "You're gonna be fine, Grey." Addison said as she assessed her. "It's okay Mer." Derek soothed, but on the inside, he was freaking out. "Okay, this is a full abruption. We need to get this baby out stat, prep an OR!" Addison yelled. The ER jumped into a frenzy and before they knew it, Meredith was being transferred onto the OR table.

"Kids? Where are my kids?" Meredith slurred. "They're okay, Meredith. We're gonna out you under now." Addison said firmly but softly. Derek was forced to stay out in the waiting room, much to his chagrin. Meredith was quickly put under, with Bailey sitting by her interns head.

"And...baby girl is out." Addison announced to the OR as she held the baby. Addison checked her out and was relieved to know that she was perfect. "6 pounds, 3 ounces." She said. The pediatric team did their checkup on the baby while Addison closed up Meredith. "She did good." Addison praised as her and Bailey went to the scrub room. "She's always been a fighter." Bailey replied proudly.

Meredith was rolled back to recovery while Addison brought the baby out to him waiting in Merediths room. "She's perfect derek." Addison said as he handed her over to him. Derek cradled his newborn daughter in his arms. "She looks like her." He said with tears in his arms. "She's gonna be fine, Derek." Addison informed.

Derek gave his ex wife a side hug as he admired his daughter. A few minutes later, it was just Derek, the baby, and Meredith, who has yet to wake. As the baby fell asleep, Derek put her in the little bassinet and sat down next to Merediths bedside.

Hours later, Meredith came around. She opened her eyes slowly and saw Derek, holding what she assumed to be the baby. "You're gonna meet your mama soon, baby." He said quietly. "Der?" Meredith mumbled, getting his attention. "Meredith." He said with a relieved smile as he walked over.

"You're okay." He said as he kissed her forehead softly. "Can I hold her?" Meredith asked, her maternal instincts kicking in. Derek chuckled softly and handed their daughter to her. Meredith admired her daughters beauty for a while. "What should we name her?" Derek asked. Meredith smiled. "Lexie. Lexie Ellis Shepherd." She whispered. "Perfect. Lexie." He said in awe. "Grey, you're awake." Addison said with a smile as she entered the room.

"Yeah." Meredith murmured. She was too focused on her new daughter. "We have a name yet?" Bailey asked as she followed in. Meredith looked at Derek who gave a nod. "Lexie. Lexie Ellis Shepherd." Meredith said with a teary smile. "That's beautiful. She's gorgeous you guys." Addison said with a soft smile before leaving the room.

Alex and Cristina burst in the room minutes later. "You're okay!" Alex said in relief. "Shh." Meredith hushed as she held Lexie. "Meet lexie." Derek said proudly. "Want to hold her?" Meredith asked with a smile. Alex nodded and Derek helped transfer the baby. Alex made silly faces to her before passing her to Cristina, who then passed her to Bailey.

"How are you feeling Mer?" Cristina asked. "Tired and sore. But okay. Wait, the kids!" Meredith exclaimed as she sat up without thinking, and wincing at the pain. Derek gently pushed her back down to the bed and smoothed her hair. "They're okay. Callie has them and talked to them." Derek said softly.

"She's asleep. You know the rules. Sleep when the baby sleeps." Bailey said quietly as she put the baby in the bassinet again. "Get some sleep you guys." Alex said as they all left. "Are you okay?" Derek whispered as he noticed her grimace when she shifted. Meredith nodded and patted the bed beside her. Derek wasted no time carefully climbing in beside his wife and holding her. They fell asleep together, now husband and wife with 3 beautiful kids.

Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was exciting! If you have any ideas for future chapters feel free to drop them. Hope your all doing wel!