Chapter 16

Meredith woke up around 6 with the very intense urge to throw up, but unfortunately, she couldn't get around very quickly. She jolted up and winced at the ache in her chest. She tried to hop as quick as she could to the bathroom, but couldn't make it. She threw up on the floor, and in short times she stopped , she got closer and closer to the bathroom. Derek woke up to the sound and quickly side stepped the throw up and got into the bathroom and his heart broke when he saw Meredith sitting on the edge of the bathtub, her leg extended and her hunched over the toilet.

"You're okay. It's okay." Derek said. "I-I couldn't make it to the bathroom." Meredith said. "I know. It's okay. I'll clean it up. How about we get you a shower?" Derek asked softly. Meredith nodded and shakily stood up with dereks assistance. He turned on the shower and helped Meredith take her leg brace off and strip.

"You feeling better?" Derek asked as he gently washed her body. "Mhmm." Meredith mumbled as she meant against his chest. "When we're done how about we try to get some sleep again?" Derek suggested as he pressed a light kiss to her shoulder. She nodded. When Derek washed the soap off, he wrapped her in a fluffy towel before helping her into clean pajamas. He helped her back into bed before cleaning the floor and then going downstairs to wait for the kids to wake up.

When Meredith got up again around 9, she managed to get herself to the top of the stairs  when she heard little feet coming her way. "Mama!" Bailey exclaimed. "Hi baby!" Meredith said. Bailey hugged her good leg.

Derek heard voices upstairs and walked to the stairs. He smiled when saw saw Meredith and Bailey. "Need some help?" Derek asked as he made his way up. Meredith nodded. "Bails, go downstairs. I'm gonna help mama." Dereks said. The boy nodded and scurried downstairs. Derek took the crutches from Meredith and placed them on the ground before taking her in his arms gently. "This is humiliating." Meredith muttered as she rested her head against his chest. "You're healing. It's not humiliating." Derek said. Meredith rolled her eyes and snorted.

Derek brought Meredith to the living room where him and Zola were playing and gently put her down. "Mama!" Zola exclaimed. She ran over and jumped on the couch next to her and gave her a big hug. "Hi lovebug!" Meredith said happily as she pressed a kiss to her forehead. Bailey climbed up the couch and plopped down in Merediths lap.

"How are you feeling now Mer?" Derek asked. "Better. Is your family coming today?" Meredith asked. "They asked but I haven't replied. Are you okay with that?" Derek asked. "Yeah, it's okay." Meredith said as she cuddled Bailey. "I'll let them know." Derek said as he pulled out his phone and started typing away.

"They'll be here around noon." Derek said as he put his phone down. "Okay. Will you help me shower again later? I still feel gross." Meredith asked. "I will always help you shower." Derek said with a smirk. Meredith laughed and turned back to the kids. "Can you believe that in a year we're gonna have another kiddo running around?" Meredith asked. "It's gonna be great Mer." Derek said as he kissed her belly. "Should we tell your family about the baby?" Meredith asked. "If you're comfortable with it." Derek said. "I think we should." Meredith said. "They we will." Derek said with a smile.

An hour later after watching cartoons with the kids and cuddling, Derek and Meredith put the kids in the playroom and went upstairs.

Meredith took off her shirt and bra, followed by her leg brace and pants with dereks help. He turned on the hot water and helped the two get in.

"When do you go back to work?" Meredith asked as she washed his body. "I took 3 weeks off. And then hunt has me on a light schedule." Derek replied. "Are you sure this is what you want? I don't want you to give up your dreams for me." Meredith asked. "I'm sure Mer. I didn't get to cut over there, it was just a lot of research, which was fun, but I love cutting more. And having to FaceTime you and the kids wasn't good enough. I'm happy Meredith." Derek assured as he cupped her face gently and kissed her.

"Okay. And for the record, if I wasn't still party crippled we would be having sex." Meredith pointed out. Derek chuckled. "When you're healed." He promised.

Derek helped Meredith into a pair of his jeans because they were the only ones that would fit over her brace and a nice cashmere sweater. Derek got himself dressed in jeans and a tshirt as well.

They dressed the kids and then Derek went to the door when the doorbell rang. He let in his all 4 of his sisters and his mother. "Derek!" They exclaimed happily. "Hi guys." Derek said with a smile.

Meredith slowly made her way into the foyer where Derek and his family were. "Hi Meredith." They said. "Hey." Meredith said with a small smile. "How are you feeling?" Carolyn asked. "Pretty good, how about you?" Meredith asked. "I'm great." Carolyn replied.

"How about we sit down?" Amelia suggested. Everyone nodded and made their way to the living room. Derek helped Meredith over and guided her down to the couch. The kids were playing in the living room and surrounded their aunts and grandma.

"So Meredith, tell us about yourself. We've only ever met once." Carolyn said. "Uh, what do you want to know?" Meredith asked nervously. "What's your family like?" Nancy asked. "Um, well my mom passed away a long time ago." Meredith started, not wanting to go into the family subject. Derek shot Nancy a warning glance, but she ignored it. "Any siblings? What about your father?" Nancy pried. "Well, one of my sisters, she, uh died...in the plane crash. Uh, I have another sister, she's doing well. Uh, and I don't really speak with my father." Meredith replied.

"I'm sorry about your sister." Carolyn said. Meredith nodded. "Didnt Derek say you gave your father a part of your liver once?" Lizzie asked. "I did." Meredith replied. "Why did you do it if you don't have a relationship with him?" Lizzie asked curiously. "He...had another family. Lexie and molly, his other daughters. I've never talked To molly, but I didn't want them to not have a father." Meredith explained.

"That tells a lot about your personality. Your a good person meredith." Carolyn said. "Thank you." Meredith responded.

The day went on as Meredith got to know her sister in laws and mother in law. "Before you guys leave, we have something to tell you." Derek said as he looked at mereditj. "I'm pregnant." Meredith said. They watched as the girls faces turned shocked. "That's great! Congratulations!" Kathleen exclaimed as she pulled Meredith into an unexpected hug. Everyone joined in on the hug and congratulated the couple.

At the end of the day, when the kids were asleep and everyone left, Meredith and Derek got into their bed and fell asleep, dereks hand on her abdomen and Merediths over his.