Chapter 6: The Game

Chapter 6: The Game

Finn's POV

It was the night of the Homecoming game and Heather and I were preparing for it. I had bought the school jacket just for it to show a little bit of school spirit even though I loathed my school.

As I stared at the mirror in my room, taking in my reflection, Heather broke the companionable silence that has placed itself in the room.

"Yo. What's with Oliver?" 

I looked at her through the mirror, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "What about him?"

"He's been weirdly sweet with us ever since he started sitting with us, and he also took me to a date last night! What's that about?" She asked, innocently looking up the ceiling.

"I don't know, he's just naturally sweet, I guess?" I lied before realizing it was my one chance to ask her about him. "By the way. What do you think about him?"

It has been a few days ever since Oliver asked my help on the date and he's also been busy with football but he managed to take Heather on a date last night. 

"Well. I'm starting to like him. He's a pretty sweet guy and only recently I just realized how handsome he was!" She said, raising her hands up as if to show surprise.

Handsome was an understatement. 

"Hah. Seems like he wants to date you." I suggested not-so-subtly. 

She sat up and glared at me through the mirror which made me laugh a little. 

"I mean... why?"

I gave her a look. "Are you kidding? You're pretty and kind and cool. Can you blame him?"

She gave me another look as I finished getting ready. "Well, anyway. He invited me to the party tonight after school."

My hands that were on their way to my face stopped mid-air, I turned my head around to look at her. 

"C-Congrats!" 

The reason it was such a big deal in the school is because after the Homecoming game, only the popular kids and their friends make it to the party that is usually hosted by, also, popular kids. 

"Thanks, but... you're coming with me." Heather announced which pinned me to my spot, my blood running cold.

"What? I wasn't invited, I can't come." I said with a nervous laugh, but deep inside, I was hoping I could come.

Heather stood up and joined me on the mirror, I was evidently taller than her by a few inches. 

"Oliver invited you himself. Duh." 

I looked at her in disbelief. "You're lying. You're just saying that so I'd come-"

"No, dummy. Listen." She pulled out her phone and a recording started to play.

"Heather, please do tell Finn that I invited him to the party tonight."

Heat crawled up my neck as Heather smirked at me.

"Finn, you're blushing." She teased, pinching my cheeks which caused my blush to intensify. 

"Stop it. Let's go before we're late and we miss the whole game." I said as an attempt to change the subject. Heather just smiled wider at my failed attempt before nodding in agreement.

. . .

"Glad you two can make it! My best friend already offered to sit with you guys, so you're all good." Oliver informed, pointing at a guy with black hair.