Chapter 7: Kool-Aid

Chapter 7: Kool-Aid

Finn's POV

Jason pulled over in front of a literal mansion. The intense LED lights through the windows perfectly indicated that it was, indeed, a place where people are partying. I looked extremely calm but deep inside, my heart is about to fall out of my ass. 

"Bro, why am I so nervous?" I asked myself but I momentarily forgot I wasn't alone.

"It's gonna be fine, It's like that the first time, trust me." Jason reassured me with a warm smile and I couldn't help but smile myself.

"Thanks, Jason."

He nodded before looking outside just as Oliver's car pulled over behind us.

"They're here. Let's go?" He asked to which I answered with a nod.

We got out the same time Oliver and Heather did. Heather and I stayed behind the two while they talked.

"Hey, how've you been? I feel like we haven't talked much tonight." Heather asked me.

I gave her a reassuring smile. "I've been fine and I'm sure you have been too, since you've been with Oliver." I said, wiggling a teasing brow. "But I'm just a little nervous about this party thing since I haven't heard good things about it." 

"To be honest, same. I don't like people and crowded places and so I'm just here because Oliver invited me." She explained with a sad smile.  

I chuckled quietly to ease the tension which seemed to have worked and before we knew it, we were in the front door.

Oliver pressed the doorbell and in less than ten seconds, the door opened to reveal a guy holding a red plastic cup. 

"Come on in, boys and gals." The guy said drunkenly. 

I thought I wouldn't get noticed because of my height but boy I was wrong. I felt a hard slap on my butt along with loud and aggravating laughter.

"Damn, nice ass for a guy." The guy, who also opened the door for us, said.

"I..." I opened my mouth to say something but ended up deciding against it. The three didn't seem to notice so I just said nothing and caught up to them.

"Hey, uh, Jason and I need to see some people so we'll be right back." Oliver said, patting my shoulder a little roughly before waving goodbye. 

"Okay... so let's just avoid people until they come back." I suggested to which she just laughed before wrapping an arm around my shoulder. 

We got ourselves juice in a red plastic cup to blend in into the party. We passed by people grinding into each other while 'Sofia' by Clairo played in the background, these straggots probably don't understand the meaning of the song. Others, however, are making out, guy to girl, girl to girl and guy to guy. Others simply played card games, drinking games and others... are half naked.

"Um... They are, uh, wild." Heather muttered beside me as she gripped my arm.

"Let's... go outside, maybe it's a little calmer." 

The backyard had a big pool where people were... also half naked but at least this time, it was reasonable since there was a body of water nearby, that's the only time when you can be half naked and be acceptable, not whatever was happening inside the house. We found a spot where less people hung out. Heather didn't try to initiate a conversation so I took the chance.

"So... What do you think of Oliver?" I asked almost casually.

She gave me a look of suspicion but it quickly dissipated when she sighed.