Chapter 24: POV

Chapter 24: POV

Finn's POV

This year started with me, just minding my own business, trying to get by the days simply, avoiding people to avoid trouble. But then along the way, a certain blond guy decided to show up and simultaneously ruin my life and make it better at the same time. 

Oliver Hunt, the guy who was my definition of "too good to be true", the guy who has flirted with more people in two years than I've seen in my life, the guy who was everyone's dream, the guy who everyone was obsessed with- whether you may be a guy or a girl.

This is the same damn guy... that I was going on a prom with this day.

I still couldn't believe that it was us, that we were still together even towards the end, that we were gonna last.

I still remember how his promposal went.

The evening was all planned out, Heather, Jason and I were going to Oliver's house for dinner and then also take our prom photos there. My parents offered to come with us which I was a little hesitant about, because my parents are literally meeting Oliver's mom. I didn't think I was ready for it but Oliver seemed to have thought otherwise. 

"Finn. You're gonna be late if you spend your entire time on your hair."

I gave up on styling my hair with a sigh. "Ugh, I don't know how to do my hair, that's why." I said defeatedly before sagging on a chair.

"I'll do your hair, you can focus on texting Oliver."

My mom said before entering my room, her apron still tied to her waist. She started on doing my hair and I muttered a quiet 'thanks' before going back to texting Oliver.

'yo, idk if i'm gonna be on time, we're all, like, panicking rn'

Not even ten seconds have passed and he had already responded.

'haha, that's fine, come whenever you're ready, we're gonna wait.'

'bold of you to assume i'm gonna let that happen, i'm gonna be on time' I texted back just as my mom finished. I looked in the mirror and criticized my look before smiling at my mom.

"It looks so good. Thanks mom."

She patted my shoulder as a response before leaving me alone in my room. I looked at myself in the mirror with a deep breath, like I was in a movie. I tugged on my bow tie on my neck to at least make it a little loose. I don't know why I was so nervous. I've attended a really important gala, homecoming and have even attended a party, I should have been used to this by now but no, it's like I'm back to square one. I didn't want to embarrass Oliver out there since I'd be his date, I didn't want to look like a clueless idiot. 

I took a deep breath again and then again... Until I heard my dad call my name from the living room.

I made sure I had everything I needed before leaving my room. 

"Look at my boy, going to his first prom. I'm a little proud." My dad teased as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Just a little?" 

He rolled his eyes playfully and gave my back a pat. "I'll save the rest of my pride for when you get married."

"Oh my God."

"You two stop with that, let's go before we're late." My mom cut in before I could say anything else as she shooed my dad and I out the door.

The three of us hopped in the car and proceeded to Oliver's house.