Chapter 17: Queen B's Schemes

Finn's POV

It had been ten days since January started and things have been going smoothly. The school election had also been going on which I didn't give two shits about but hey, at least it's an excuse to not be in class and just be in an auditorium watching two people fight like the "woke" high-schoolers they were. Giving the audience false promises that they'll probably forget once they won. 

Heather and I have been alright. We've been like we once were and it was a fresh experience. But I knew that that had to change. Oliver and I have been getting closer. Ever since the completion of the project we did back in December, we've been talking more frequently, no secrets, no avoiding and no immature problems. Jason have been adamant about photography so we rarely ever see him especially that Winter started and there were beautiful sights to take photos of. And last but certainly least, Bella have reminded everyone in the school every single day that she was the most popular person in the school and that she was better than everyone. I didn't pay mind to her nonsense since it was never a fact that an Oompa Loompa looking and pickle juice smelling bitch was 'better' than everyone else.

It was currently lunch and Heather and I were peacefully talking shit about people we don't like when I felt someone sit beside me. I immediately knew that it was the damn blond guy that was the root of all our problems because I could recognize his scent. 

"Hey Heather, Frederick." He greeted so casually like he didn't just call me by my real name.

"Can you quit calling me that?" 

He pouted and tickled me by my waist. "No, baby." He joked before pinching my cheeks.

I slapped his hand away just as Heather giggled. "You two should date. You're too cute." She joked.

My smile faded all of a sudden. I looked at Oliver to see him unexpectedly smiling like Heather didn't just make a joke about us.

"Uh... I-I'm fine." I sputtered before focusing on my food. 

"Hey, by the way, Finn. Are you available later?" Oliver asked me as if Heather's statement couldn't just potentially ruin everything. He couldn't read the room and he was making it worse.

"Uh... Yeah, I am."

"You should totally come with me to get coffee, I wanna discuss some things." 

He's literally making it worse.

But I couldn't refuse it, or else he might get hurt and we'd be back to square one so I just nodded as a response. 

. . .

Oliver pulled over in front of the newly opened coffee shop.

I looked at him just as he flashed me his signature attractive smirk. "Does coffee sounds fine to you?" He asked.

"Well that's not very British of you." I teased to which he just laughed. "I mean, we're here already, I'm not gonna make you drive farther for other stuff." 

"Alright." He said before exiting the car with me instantly following suit.

We got into the shop fell in line and as soon as we reached the front. The barista working fumbled around with the money he was holding before composing himself with a charming smile.

"Hello, welcome to Irma's coffee shop, what can I get you?" 

His eyes fell on me and he looked tense for a moment before once again, composing himself. 

I was still confused with what happened when Oliver cleared his throat loudly which made the guy look at him. "I'll just get an Americano, thank you." He said with a sarcastic smile which quickly dropped.