Chapter 11: Reputation

Finn's POV

I was on a bench outside the school library, alone, reading a book. The sunlight shining through the leaves of the trees above me hitting my book in random spots, it made it seem like I was in a painting. It was a beautiful day. I had completely forgotten about Friday and frankly, every day that occurred last week. 

No one tried to attack me the whole day I was on school, but it still gave me anxieties. Looking back my shoulder everywhere I go, making sure there were enough people in the bathroom so Chad couldn't beat me up again. 

I jumped when someone sat down beside me, I looked urgently but only to see Heather there, a bright smile on her face.

"I've been looking for you, Finn."

"Oh, well, uh, I wanted to finish the novel I left a couple weeks ago, and the smell of school just annoys me so I just read outside. What are you doing this late here anyway? Where's your aunt?" I asked her to which her face fell a little.

"Well, she said she was gonna be late, I've been waiting for fifteen minutes."

I nodded and I was about to continue on my book when I heard my name being called. I looked up to see a group of cheerleaders walking across the quad, and they were waving at me. 

My brows furrowed but nonetheless, I still waved back to them. After they were gone, I looked at Heather just to see that she had the same reaction as me. 

"What was that?" I said with an awkward laugh. 

"Hey, are you Finn Vasco?" I looked at the source of the voice and saw another cheerleader who I recognize as one of the popular, pick-me girls. Once she saw my face, she gasped, slapped a hand over her mouth before squealing away like a little girl.

"Who the hell are you-?" I whispered under my breath.

"Oh my God, I think you're famous, Finn." Heather said out of the blue in excitement.

I snickered. "That's ridiculous-"

"Guys, look, it's that Finn guy!" I heard just as I was speaking, and I looked to see a group of people holding books, they looked away instantly as soon as they noticed me looking at them.

"What the hell is happening?" I asked to no one.

Heather burst out laughing. "Oh my God, Finn. I actually think you're famous."

I chuckled, the weird situation already forgotten. As our laughs die down, Heather replaced the silence with a sigh. 

"By the way, Finn, I kind of wanna invite you on a shopping trip with me this Thursday since... ya know." 

I then remembered that Oliver and Heather were going on a date this Friday, and I promised to help Heather with preparing for it. 

"Oh right, yeah, totally." I said as I avoided eye contact.

Based on the silence that replaced after I spoke, I knew Heather had started to suspect that something was wrong but to my relief, she decided to let it go.

"Oh, my aunt's here, I'll see you tomorrow, Finn." She bid goodbye with a simple wave to which I returned.

I sighed, going back to reading my book but I guess, I should've known better than to think that I can ever have a peaceful moment for a second.

The book was violently ripped from my hold, I looked up to see a brunette girl holding my book and beside her was the one and only, Queen B, Bella Lee-Evans.