Ch 12: Friends or dating?

Julie had been friends with Luke and the guys for a while now and everyone at her school loved her "hologram" band, they were becoming quite popular, and everyone knew that she and Luke had a connection, they worked well together, and people often thought they were dating. 

Luke and Julie weren't dating, but they definitely had a friends (that kiss) type of relationship, which of course, no one was buying that.

They both had denied the dating rumors multiple times, but Alex, Reggie, and Flynn were not buying it at all. Flynn knew that the two of them liked each other and she knew that they had told each other all ready but decided to do nothing about it, well not entirely nothing, they were sort of together but not officially.

Julie was in the library when Luke came up behind her and said "Hey Jules".

Julie who was nearly frightened, turned around and whacked him on the shoulder and said "I told you to stop sneaking up on me like that".

Luke said smiling "I'm sorry, I just really missed you".

Julie said as he hugged her from behind "You saw me this morning".

Luke said as he pressed a light kiss on her cheek "I know but you've been at school all day".

Julie said as she held onto him "I only have 1 more class and then I'll be home".

Julie then turned around and said "I'll see you later".

Luke said as she started to walk away "Jules, wait".

Julie said "What?".

Luke took her by her hand and pulled back her toward him and kissed her softly.

Julie kissed him back and then pulled back and said "Now I really gotta go".

Luke said "Ok, bye".

Julie waved and then left to go back to class.

Julie was in class and she couldn't stop thinking about Luke, she felt a smile come across her face as her teacher was in the middle of his lecture.

Flynn tapped her on the arm and said "Jules???".

Julie snapped out of her thoughts and said "Yes?".

Flynn said "We have a project due in 2 weeks, just thought I'd let you know since you were obviously thinking about Luke again".

Julie said quietly "I was not".

Flynn said "You were, when you think about him you get this dreamy smile on your face, you're so into him".

Julie said when the bell rang and the two of them got up and left the class "I am not, Luke and I are just friends".

Flynn said "With benefits".

Julie said "We are just friends, only friends, that's it".

Flynn said "Jules, friends don't kiss each other".

Julie said blushing "Ok so maybe we've kissed once or twice".

Flynn glared at her and said "Tell the truth".

Julie threw her arms up in the air and said "Ok, so maybe we've kissed multiple times but we're still not together. I mean yeah we both like each other but we don't want to mess up the bond we have and plus he's a ghost".

Flynn said "He may be air but he is cute".

Julie said as she whacked her arm "Flynn??".

Flynn said "What? I'm not going to lie, he's gorgeous".

Julie said as a dreamy smile came across her face "He is".

Flynn said "Why don't you just ask him out?".

Julie said "Cause, I'm too nervous to do that. Plus we're fine where we are".

Flynn said "If you don't want to put a label on it then I won't budge but I just don't want you to get hurt".

Julie said as she took her best friend's hands "Flynn I'll be fine, I've got you to look out for me".

Flynn said as she grasped Julie's hands "I love you Jules".

Julie said as she embraced Flynn "I love you too Flynn and I'm glad you're my best friend".

Flynn said as she looked over Julie's shoulder "Well I'm not the only one who's excited to see you".

Julie let go of Flynn and saw Luke standing at her locker.

Flynn said "GO, I'll see you later".

Julie smiled at Flynn and then walked over to Luke and gave him a hug.

Luke said as he hugged her back "I thought I'd walk you home from school".

Julie said "That would be great".

Luke smiled and said "Well I'm happy to see you".

Julie said laughing "You just saw me a while ago".

Luke said "I know but I missed you".

Julie chuckled and then pulled him closer to her and said "I missed you more".

Luke smiled as he pressed his forehead against hers.

Julie pulled back and then took his hand and said "Come on, let's walk home now".

As they were walking home, Julie said "So..... are we just friends?".

Luke said "Why do you ask?".

Julie said "Because, I mean I know you like me and you know I like you but are we really just friends?".

Luke said "I mean, technically yes because we haven't put a label on it yet".

Julie said  as she turned to look at Luke "What if I wanted to put a label on it?".

Luke said as they stopped walking "Then I would say yes".

Luke said as they sat down on a bench they passed by "Jules, does this mean we're official now?".

Julie said as she looked at him "Yeah, this makes us official".

Luke said "Well I guess that makes me your boyfriend now".

Julie said as she smiled at him "I like the sound of that, me as your girlfriend and you as my boyfriend".

Luke smiled back at her and said "I like this".

Julie said "Me too".

Julie then leaned in and kissed him, Luke kissed her back and then pulled away and embraced her.

Julie hugged him back and said to herself "Wow this dating thing is going to take some getting used to".

They definitely were more than friends now.