chapter 19- we've got all the time in the world

(Reminder, every chapter takes place after the events of season 1 of JATP, and in my story, everyone can see the boys)

Cw: There will be brief mentions of death in this chapter, if that makes you uncomfortable, feel free to skip this chapter. 

It had been months since Julie met Luke, Reggie, and Alex on that fateful day in her garage.

They had quite literally dropped in her life after theirs had been cut short in 1995. Julie was very curious about their lives and eagerly listened to every story that her bandmates were willing to share with her.

It was a cool November night, and a breeze filled the garage of the Molina residence. Julie subconsciously leaned onto Luke's shoulder, who was sitting beside her on the couch.

"I just remember Luke laying there. He was stunned." Reggie laughed; his eyes wide in amusement as he pointed to Luke.

Julie and Alex laughed as Luke said with a twinge of annoyance, "It was not that funny."

Alex said as he tried to hold back his laughter, "Yes, Luke, yes it was."

Luke said as he wrapped an arm around Julie, "I remember this one time, when Reggie ran into a pole, it was hilarious."

Reggie responded with a hint of laughter in his voice, "It'll take more than a pole to bruise me, I've had worse. Like Caleb's shock things."

"Yeah, that was very painful." said Alex, sitting back on the couch as he remembered the jolts.

It had only been a month since Caleb had almost made Julie lose the boys forever.  She still didn't know what saved them, but by some miracle, they were safe.

Luke said, "It was very painful." He looked at Julie and then said, "But it wasn't as painful, as the thought of losing you."

Julie blushed but decided to ignore what Luke had said.  

Reggie sensing the awkwardness, said with a far off look in his eye "The jolts were painful, but I wasn't scared, the only time I've ever been scared was the day we-." Reggie cut off as Alex said, "The day we died."

"What was it like? Julie thought to herself.

Luke sensing that Julie was curious, said "Dying is quicker than falling asleep, but considering that we died from food poisoning, it wasn't easy."

Reggie added quietly "Nothing can prepare you for death."

The boys then told her the story of how they really died, all that was left was a shocked expression on Julie's face.

Julie couldn't bear to hear any more of this, so she said as tears welled up in her eyes "I can't stay, I'm going to go to bed."

Alex and Reggie said sadly in unison "Goodnight Julie."

Julie said as she exited the garage, "Goodnight, guys."

"Julie, wait up."

Julie turned around and saw Luke standing there with a look of concern on his face.

"Julie, are you okay?"

Julie lied and said as she quickly wiped the tears off her face, "Luke, I'm fine, there's no need to worry about me."

Luke stood beside her and said "Julie, you can tell me the truth, it's okay if you're upset."

Julie then looked at him and broke down crying, Luke wrapped his arms around her as she sobbed.

"I thought I was strong enough to hear about you guys dying, but I'm not. I just don't want to lose you guys."

"Jules, you're not going to lose us." Luke said as he continued to comfort her.

"But how do you know that? What if Caleb comes after you guys again, what do I do then?

"Then, we'll face it head on." Luke said with a determined look in his eye.

Julie looked up at him, wiped her tears, and sighed as she took in his words "Luke, I'm not sure if I could handle it, if you or anyone else disappeared, I just-." 

She trailed off as Luke pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Luke," Julie breathed as she felt a pit of butterflies in her stomach.

Luke looked down at her and said "It'll be okay, there is no way that I'm leaving you, and Alex and Reggie aren't going anywhere either. I meant it when I said that the thought of leaving you or losing you is too painful to bear."

This was the moment where Julie felt the dam break, she knew that there were many things left unsaid between her and Luke. She knew that she loved him, and suddenly felt the urge to kiss him.

Julie then leaned in and kissed Luke, Julie then pulled back and said with embarrassment "Oh my gosh, I shouldn't have done that. Luke I'm so sorry."

Luke simply looked at her and said, "You're right, you shouldn't have done that."

Julie looked down at the ground, praying that the earth would swallow her up.

There was a moment of silence before Luke said, "I should have."

He then cupped her face and kissed her.

Julie's hands flew to his waist as she pulled him closer to her. She had never been kissed like that before. Julie thought to herself that it was unlike anything that she had ever experienced.

After what seemed like lifetimes, he pulled back.

Julie said breathlessly "Why'd you stop?"

"Because we've got all the time in the world." Luke said softly.