chapter 17

reminder: all of the chapters in this story take place after the events of season 1. 

Julie was very nervous for her first date with Luke, her and Luke were a couple now and she was nervous that something would go wrong. She wanted this date to be perfect.

Julie invited Flynn over so she could ask her for first date advice.

The two of them embraced and then went up to Julie's room so they could talk.

Flynn said "Julie, all you need to do is be yourself, I know it's the most generic advice but it works. You don't need to overthink this date, you and Luke will have a good time, I know it."

Julie said "Thanks Flynn, you always know what to say."

Flynn said "That's what I'm here for, we're best friends. I'm always going to be here for you, you know that right?".

Julie said "Yeah I do, you're the best".

Flynn and Julie embraced again and then hung out for the rest of the afternoon.

meanwhile

Luke was very nervous for his date with Julie, he wanted everything to go smoothly.

Luke was pacing around the room as Alex and Reggie watched him in concern.

Luke said "What if this date goes wrong? what if it's super awkward?".

Alex said "Luke, you need to calm down. Everything is going to be fine, it's a first date, there's no need to panic over it".

Luke said "Easy for you to say, you and Willie have a great relationship".

Alex said "Trust me, Willie and I's first date wasn't perfect, we were both very nervous which is understandable, but we made it work and I know you and Julie will make it work too."

Reggie said "Yeah, it's just a first date. You will be fine. You don't need to stress over this."

Luke said as he pulled Alex and Reggie in for a hug, "Thanks guys".

Alex and Reggie said "You're welcome".

Much later 

Julie was getting ready for her date with Luke, she did her makeup and started looking for an outfit to wear. She didn't know if they were going to a fancy restaurant or just having a casual date. She asked Flynn to help her pick out an outfit.

Flynn helped her pick a pink mini dress with white sneakers and a nice pair of earrings to finish the look.

Julie said "How do I look?".

Flynn said "You look beautiful as always, I hope you have a fun time".

Julie said as she hugged her best friend "Thanks, I hope so too".

Julie then went outside where Luke was waiting for her.

Luke was wearing a plaid shirt, jeans, and sneakers.

Luke turned around as he saw Julie walking toward him and he smiled and said "Wow, you look beautiful."

Julie smiled and said "Thanks".

Luke said as he kissed her "You are beautiful".

Julie smiled again and took his hand as they walked, she asked "So where are we going?".

Luke said "It's a surprise".

Julie said "Ok, now I'm even more excited".

Luke laughed softly and said "That's what I really like about you".

Soon after a while, they finally reached the date destination.

Julie gasped as she took it all in. Luke had prepared her favorite meal along with having her mother's favorite flowers as the centerpiece. 

Julie said as they sat down in the moonlight "Luke, this is amazing. I can't believe you did all of this, no one has ever done anything like this for me before".

Luke said smiling "I'm glad you like it, I was so nervous for this date. You have no idea".

Julie said with a laugh "Oh believe me, I do. I was so nervous for tonight and now I don't even know why. This is everything I could have possibly ever wanted".

Julie then leaned over the table and kissed him, he kissed her back and as they pulled apart, he said "I really like you".

Julie said with a smile "I really like you too".

They spent the entire night eating, talking, laughing, and even writing more songs.

It was the perfect first date.