ch 13 song writing session

Luke and Julie had been trying to work on some new songs but they couldn't think of any so Julie decided to tell him about Perfect Harmony, the song she wrote about him but she didn't tell him she wrote it about him, she instead said that she drew inspiration from books and movies and he automatically believed her since a lot of songwriters do that.

They were sitting at the piano and singing the song and Luke couldn't help but think that it was about someone so he asked her "Julie?".

Julie said as she realized he stopped singing "Yes?".

Luke said "Did you write this song about someone?".

Julie said "No, I already told you it's not about anyone, I drew inspiration from books that I've read and movies that I've watched".

Luke said "But it sounds like it's about someone, I mean this is a love song right?".

Julie lied and said "Right but it's not about anyone".

Luke said "Are you sure about that Jules?".

Julie said looking him in straight in his beautiful dead eyes and said "I'm positive".

Luke said looking at her "Okay Jules, I'll let it go for now".

Julie said smiling as she turned back to the piano "Ok, now let's go over the song again".

Hours after practice, Julie said to Luke nervously "So uh, there's also a dance that goes with the song".

Luke said "Oh, so what's the dance like?".

Julie said blushing "Well the thing is, it's a romantic dance, I thought it would go well with the song, it's a duet just like the song".

Luke said turning red "Oh, that makes sense".

Julie thinking that she had embarrassed him "Oh we don't have to do it if you don't want to, it's completely fine with me".

Luke said "No, I want to".

Julie said looking down as she smiled "Ok".

Luke said "So how does it go".

Julie explained the choreography and then they practiced it together and Julie felt as if her face was on fire.

Luke said as they finished the dance "You okay there Jules?".

Julie said lying and still blushing "Yeah, I'm just a little tired, I think I might take a nap".

Luke said "Alright Jules, I'll see you later then".

Julie said "Yeah ok".

Luke left and Julie relaxed and said "At least he doesn't know the song is about him".

Alex said poofing in "Hey Julie".

Julie screamed and said "Oh my gosh don't do that".

Alex said "Sorry Julie I didn't mean to scare you, I'm just curious as to why you're so flustered".

Julie said looking at him "Why do you think?".

Alex said "What-". He then realized why and said "Oh, yeah you're always like this when you think about him".

Julie filled him in on what happened and Alex said "Wait so you lied and said that the song wasn't about him when it was?".

Julie said "Yes, I mean if he knew I wrote a song about him in dance class and imagined myself dancing with him when I was dancing with Nick in dance class he would never look at me the same".

Alex said "Julie, look at me".

Julie looked at him and he said "He's not going to look at you differently, he's going to see you the way he's always seen you".

Julie smiled at him and said as tears rolled down her face "You really think so?".

Alex said as he wiped her tears and drew her in for a hug "I know so".

Julie said as she embraced him "I'm lucky to have a friend like you".

Alex said "Same here".

Julie then felt her eyes close and she took a nap.

45 minutes later she woke up and saw that Alex was still embracing her and she said "How long was I asleep?".

Alex said "More than half an hour but I think you needed the nap".

Julie said "Yeah, it was a good dream".

Alex said "Did you dream about him?".

Julie turned pink and lied and said "No, I wasn't".

Alex said "Yes you were".

Julie said "Ok fine I was thinking about dance class, I mean I wrote perfect harmony in a day dream".

Alex said "Yeah you did, maybe you should tell him that".

Julie said "Who?".

Luke said "Me".

Julie turned to the door and saw Luke standing outside.

Julie said "How long have you been standing there".

Luke said "Not long but I think it's time you tell me who the song is really about".

Alex said as he got up "I'll give you two a moment".

Alex walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

Luke turned to Julie and said "So who is the song about?".

Julie said quietly "It's about you".

Luke said "What?".

Julie said louder "I said it's about you".

Luke who was completely stunned said "Me?".

Julie said "Yes, it's about you, now will you please just forget it?".

Luke said as he moved closer to her "What if I don't want to forget it".

Julie turned pink and said "What?".

Luke said "You heard what I said".

Julie blushed even more when he took her by her waist and said "For starters Jules , I really like you".

Julie said "I really like you too".

Luke then leaned in and kissed her.

Julie cupped his face as she kissed him back.

After a while he pulled back and Julie was still in shock by what had happened.

Luke said "So some song writing session huh?".

Julie said "Yeah some song writing session".