Chapter 9

Courtney's POV

"You two go for a swim?" Mr. Miyagi asked as we walked in the gate.

I took my hair out of the wet bun and it was a bit dryer than before. "Yeah." I said with a grin.

"We've got long day ahead."

I feel like he says that every day. Hell, he probably does. But I guess every little thing counts.

Hours went on and it was finally time to go home. I was sore as all get out.

I was lucky enough to have Daniel invite me back to his house for the night. We got some pizza on the way home and we just sat there and watched TV. It was actually kinda nice. I got full pretty easily though. I wasn't too hungry tonight.

I brushed my teeth and I was not tired at all. So I flipped through the channels and looked for something. "It's getting late y'know."

"Who cares. We don't have school tomorrow." I said with a cocky grin.

"Fair point." He said sitting next to me. "Anything good on?"

"No. Just reruns."

I finally gave up looking. There was nothing on anyway and there wasn't many channels on his TV. And now we're in the same uncomfortable position we were before. Great.

I'll repeat it all for you.

About two inches away from each other.
Tention so high, you could cut it with a knife.
Insanely awkward.

And there was nothing more I wanted than to kiss him right now.

We made eye contact but this time I didn't pull away. I just got closer and it happened. I couldn't help myself. It wasn't like me. But I couldn't stop. We were still sitting on the couch but my legs were around his waste and my hands were around his neck.

"Wait," He said pulling away, "are you sure?" He asked.

"Who cares?" I asked.

"I thought you did." He said getting skeptical.

I thought for a second. "I did. But I've got nothing to lose."

"I don't exactly just carry condoms around." He said getting the hint of where we were going. "We can't aford this right now."

"That's what birth control is for." I said with a laugh.

"Birth control?"

"Keep in mind, birth control isn't just used for sex. Trust me." I said.

"I dunno." He mumbled.

I sighed. "Fine. We don't have to." He didn't move.

"I mean... I don't really wanna be considered a sex offender."

I laughed. "If I give consent, you aren't a sex offender." He grinned. "If you don't want to, we won't."

"If you're down, I'm down." He said.

"When's your mom coming home?"

"Two days." He said.

"Alright. Let's go."

Fast forward to the morning.

This went against everything I stand for.

What the hell.

I don't regret it.

I looked at the clock on the nightstand. It blinked 4:06. We had all day tomorrow before his mom got home which meant I got to sleep in. We finished a while ago but I wasn't tired at all. Daniel fell asleep pretty quickly. I knew this would make my dad furious and I loved it.

This was all about revenge.

I threw everything away for revenge.

But it doesn't feel like revenge anymore.

I really did like Daniel.

It would kill me if I hurt him.

But on the same note, I don't wanna get heartbroken.

What have I gotten myself into?!

Daniel's POV

I woke up at 9:00 and I was still tired which was unlike me. I woke up and heard the door open and close. Courtney was still next to me so it couldn't have been her. I rubbed my eyes and I heard someone say my name.

Was that mom?

"Daniel! I'm home! Rise and shine!"

I was unsure of what to do. If she sees us in here she'll kill me.

Courtney's POV

I was woken up by someone nudging me. "What?" I mumbled.

"Courtney, my moms home."

"Huh?" I asked with confusion. Daniel was hurrying to get dressed while I was still groggy. "I thought she wasn't supposed to be home until tomorrow." I said looking at the clock.

"I did too."

"Daniel?" She asked coming towards the door.

My eyes widened and Daniel just stood there hoping she wouldn't come in. She opened the door, of course.

His face got really pale. I made eye contact with Mrs. LaRusso and she slammed the door. "Daniel! Courtney! Get dressed and get out here now!" She yelled.

We were both still in shock. Neither of us moved. "We're screwed." I mumbled.

"We're? I think you mean I'm screwed."

"She's gonna yell at me too!" I said loud enough for him to hear but not loud enough for Mrs. LaRusso to hear. I scrambled to get dressed and we were both hesitant to open the door. He finally sighed and went out into the kitchen.

"What were you two thinking?" She yelled. "I'm extremely disappointed in both of you. There can be serious consequences for this."

I cut her off. "We used protection." I mumbled. She glared at me. "Too soon?"

"This isn't funny. I want you to write down your house phone number." She pulled a piece of paper and a pencil in front of me.

I was hesitant but I wrote it down. "Good luck getting either one of them to answer. My dad's a piece of shit and doesn't ever leave work and my moms either at a club or sitting at home passed out drunk."

"That's no way to talk about your parents." Mrs. LaRusso scolded.

I was gonna argue back but I changed my mind. "Sorry." I said restrictively.

She gave us a whole lecture about how wrong this was and how disappointed she is but I was getting tired of it. My parents weren't gonna do anything about it anyway. Well, my dad might but he probably won't ever find out.

"Who's fault is this?" She asked.

"It's mine." I know it wasn't what she expected. She wanted both of us to take the blame but I just wanted out of there. I was over it. "I asked him to. I wanted to. He said no but I pushed him to do it anyway. I'm sorry, Daniel."

"Get out of my house." Mrs. LaRusso said.

"I'm sorry." I said. But I was grateful to get out of there. I closed the door and I was two seconds away from slamming it but I figured it would just get me in more trouble than I already was with her.