Chapter 12

Courtney's POV

Mrs. LaRusso went to bed early and I slept on the couch that night. When I woke up, Mrs. LaRusso was already gone. I left for school before Daniel even woke up. I didn't care to see or talk to him. I was annoyed as it was.

I don't even know why though, to be honest. Maybe cause he actually stopped talking to me when I told him to stop talking to me? Shit. Ok it's kinda my fault. I took a shower in the morning at the school and I went through my classes like normal. 

I haven't been going to practice because Daniel is training for the all-valley and he made a deal with my dad about who wins and stuff. 

I went right back to the LaRusso's after school and watched TV. I had a few strawberries. I waited for Daniel to come home after training so I could apologize but it's been two hours later than normal. I was about to go to bed and Daniel finally walked in the door. "Hey..." I mumbled. 

"What?" He asked. 

"Use that tone again. I dare you." I said angrily. 

"Sorry." He mumbled. 

"I'm not one for apologizes but I guess I owe you one. I shouldn't have lashed out. And yeah... I'm not very good at this stuff." I said trying to sound sincere. 

He was kinda just standing there with an angry look but he finally grinned. "It's ok." He hugged me and I smiled. I did feel better after that. 

"Why were you out so late? You're normally home by 8 and it's almost 10:30." 

"Oh... I was just training later than usual. Y'know since it's getting close." 

"Oh. Ok. I guess that makes sense." 

He sounded really secretive. I almost didn't believe him. I wanted to but the way he said it just threw me off. 

"I have to ask though," I started. "This is gonna be really awkward but what are we?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"What are we? How do you see me? I'm so confused. I don't know what I'm supposed to believe or think or what the hell is going on-" I was just rambling at this point. "I'm gonna stop talking before I embarrass myself even more." 

He looked at me for a second and kissed me. "I love you." He said as he barely pulled away. 

I felt my heart skip a beat. "I guess that cleared things up." I said with a laugh. 

"You coming training tomorrow?" He asked. 

"No, I'll leave it to you. I don't need to train. You do." I said with a grin. 

"Oh. Alright. Well, I guess I'll take a shower and go to bed. See ya tomorrow." He said. 

"Good night, Daniel." I said as he went into his room. 

I had to reason not to trust him. Right? 

I went to bed and Daniel and I walked to school the next morning. We walked down the hallways and I caught a glimpse of Ali Mills. I scowled. 

"What's the nasty look for?" He asked. 

"Ali." I mumbled as she walked down the hall. 

"Ali Mills?" I nodded. "Y'know, I really do feel like you two would be good friends." He said. 

I glared at him. "Absolutely not. I wouldn't ever be friends with a whore like her." I said speeding up. 

"She's really not that bad." 

I shrugged. "What are you talking about? I hate her! How would you know this stuff?" 

He swallowed. "No, you're probably right." 

That was sketchy. 

Courtney's POV *One Month Later*

"Today's the day!" I said excitedly as Daniel walked out of his room. "You ready?" I asked. 

"I don't think I ever slept better." He said. 

"Perfect. Get ready. We gotta go!" I said getting him hyped up. 

"It's only 7. We don't have to be there till 9." He said looking at the clock. 

"But you gotta check in, get ready, see the competition. Come on!" I said rushing him. 

"Alright, alright. I'll get ready." He said. 

I laughed. "You're moms gonna meet us there. Hurry up. We don't want to keep her waiting." I said playfully. 

We drove to the arena and I was already intimidated by it all. But I loved it. I've been here before but I never was apart of the competition. Dad made me come along but I'm a girl so I can't fight. 

Mr. Miyagi tricked the people at the front into having Daniel signed up as a black belt. It was kinda funny. 

We walked through the stands and there was a bar separating the stands from the mats. 

We walked past all the teams and finally we had to walk past Cobra Kai.

Johnny noticed I was walking by and he called out for me. "Hey, Court. Whatcha doing here?" He asked. 

I ignored him. I didn't care to talk to any of them. 

"Courtney." Dad said. 

I closed my eyes and swallowed. Just hearing his voice sent chills up my spine. "Yes?" I asked turning around. 

"I heard about your plan. When is this gonna end?" He asked. 

Johnny must have figured out the whole thing. How it started off as a joke to get back at dad. But how? I guess it's not that hard to figure out. If I walk away, he exposes it. If I stay, he exposes it. Fuck. 

"What plan?" I asked playing dumb.

They all laughed. "Courtney Michaels?" Dad asked with a grin. 

"That's my name." I said standing up taller and crossing my arms. 

"You and your little friend are gonna go down tonight. Just you wait. If he makes it past everyone else, the cobras are gonna destroy him." He said with an evil tone. 

"You don't know that." I said with a grin. 

"You really think he'll make it? A pathetic boy like that?" He said staring Daniel down.

"You're one to talk. You must know all about how to be pathetic." I said with a scowl. 

"Pathetic." He repeated. "Lying is pathetic, Courtney. You and I both know what I'm talking about. We all do. Except your wimpy friends." 

"Knock it off..." I mumbled. 

"It's gonna come out at some point. You can't keep it a secret forever, Courtney Michaels." He said trying to get me to snap. 

"What's he talking about?" Daniel asked. 

"Nothing. Let's go." 

"You tried to get revenge on me but it didn't work cause you put yourself in a position where you got caught in your lie." He said as I turned around. 

"I NEVER LIED!" I yelled. 

"Courtney, come on." Daniel said. 

"You sure about that?" Dad asked. 

"WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP FOR ONCE?" I screamed. "YOU'RE A LAME EXCUSE FOR A FATHER!" I continued. 

I stopped. He laughed. I slapped my hand over my mouth hoping that didn't just happen. I turned around with my hand still on my face and I leaned against the railing on the bleachers. 

"Father?" Daniel asked angrily. 

I still stood there frozen in shock. I fucked up.