Chapter 13

Courtney's POV

"Oh fuck you, Courtney. It all makes sense now." He said walking away. 

I didn't know how to respond yet. I still stood there as he walked away. "I told you it was gonna come back and bite you in the ass. I'm just glad I was here to see it." Johnny said. 

I bit my bottom lip and jumped down from the bleachers. "FUCK YOU, JOHNNY! YOU'RE A LIAR!" I said pushing him backwards. 

"Hands off my player." Dad said grabbing my wrist and pulling me back. 

"FUCK YOU TOO!" I screamed. 

"Security!" He yelled squeezing my wrist tighter. 

I let out a groan and pulled my wrist back. "What's going on over here?" Someone asked. It was a security guard. Fuck. 

"This young lady is disturbing my cobras." 

I had tears welling in my eyes from my wrist. "I'll take care of her. Sorry, Mr. Kreese." He grabbed my wrist and I screamed. "What was that for?" 

"He hurt my wrist." I said pointing at him. 

"Let's go." He said. 

He pulled me off to the side. "This is your first warning. I'll be watching you." 

I rolled my eyes and stormed off. "DANIEL!" I yelled. 

He ignored me. 

I ran in front of him and stopped him. "You have to listen to me. I never lied about anything. You don't understand-" 

He cut me off. "Security!" He yelled. 

"Are you kidding me!?" I yelled. 

"HEY!" He yelled. "I just told you to watch yourself. What the hell are you doing?" 

"I was just talking!" I said defensively. 

"You might want to put ice on your wrist or something." He said. 

"My dad did this to me! Can't he get arrested for that! Some child abuse shit or something?!" I yelled. 

"Dad.," Daniel mumbled. "Jesus Christ..." 

"Come with me." 

"Not again..." I mumbled. 

"Yes, again." 

He brought me to some nurse office and she said that it was sprained. She made me wrap it and keep ice on it. 

I walked out, annoyed, and the security guy was there waiting for me. "Can I help you?" I asked. 

"You got one more warning. One slip up and you're out of here." 

"Ok. Fine. But I don't understand why I can't talk to the person I came here with." I said rudely. 

"One more slip up and you're out of here!" He yelled. 

I rolled my eyes. He walked away. "One more slip up and you're out of here." I mocked. 

Even though I knew every single person in this building hated me right now, I stayed all day. I watched Daniel from the very beginning. He didn't like it but I was still cheering him on. 

The second to round was coming up and it was Daniel against Tommy. I was sitting behind Cobra Kai listening in on them. Daniel was doing really well. "GO DANIEL!" I yelled. But it was more directed at dad. 

He called a time out. "Get over here." He yelled at Tommy. He wiped the blood off his nose and looked him right in the eye. "Sweep the leg." He said very clear and directly. 

My eyes widened. Oh no. Johnny notice I heard. "Sensei Kreese." He said looking at me. 

I was still kinda shocked they would play this dirty. "Get her." Dad said to Johnny. 

I ran. 

I needed to tell Daniel. They're dirty cheaters. They can't do this. 

"Get back here!" He yelled. I tried to get as far as I could but he tackled me to the ground. "Shut your mouth." He said getting on top of me. 

I bit his hand and screamed. "HELP! I'M BEING ATTACKED!" I yelled. 

"SHH! Courtney!" 

"HELP!" I continued.

He got off of me as people started to stare. I got up and kept running. 

"Daniel!" I said panting. "Listen to me, they aren't playing fair." 

"Whatever Courtney. This is probably some plot to scare me and get me to forfiet or something." 

"Daniel, no. I'm eavesdropping on them. He's gonna hurt you and get you eliminated so Johnny can win." 

"Ten seconds." The referee said. 

"Fuck you, Courtney." He mouthed. 

"Daniel, be careful." He ignored me. "Mr. Miyagi. you have to believe me. They're cheaters. They're bad people." 

"Yes, they are." 

"You aren't mad at me, are you? I haven't lied about one thing. I just kinda didn't tell all the truth." 

"I don't know full story." He said. 

I sighed. The match started and I was shaking the entire time waiting for Tommy to do something. 

Then it happened. 

Daniel collapsed to the floor and held his leg. I gasped and Mr. Miyagi and I ran over to him. 

"Daniel? Are you ok?" 

"JUST GET OUT!" He yelled. 

I stood up and looked at dad with a horrified look on my face. "YOU'RE SICK!" I yelled. 

"Disqualified!" The referee yelled. 

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" I yelled at Tommy. He pushed me back. "YOU'RE A BAD PERSON!" I screamed. 

"HEY!" The security guard yelled. "THAT'S IT! GET OUT!" He yelled. 

That's it. They did it. Cobra Kai got what they wanted. 

Daniel went back into the back room and laid down. I waited for everyone to leave the room so I could go back and talk to him. I saw everyone walk out and I snuck in. I looked around and I saw Daniel sitting up. 

"Hey. You ok?" I asked. 

"What do you want?" He asked desperately. "Why can't you just leave me alone?" 

"Because I feel like I deserve to explain myself. And I guess now is the only time I can talk to you without you being able to leave." I said sitting on the bench across form him. 

"You lied to me about everything." He said angrily. 

"I did not!" I retaliated. 

"Your last name! Your dads job!" 

"My full name is Courtney Rose Michaels-Kreese. My mom didn't change her last name until about four months after I was born so I have two last names. And my dad is a teacher for high school kids. I kinda just kept you from the full truth. But I never lied."

He didn't say anything. 

"Mr. LaRusso?" Someone asked. A guy turned the corner and I already knew I was in trouble.