Chapter 21

Courtney's POV

"Well, I should probably be getting home." 

"It's late. Stay here for the night." She said taking my coat from me. 

"Oh, I really think I should get going-" I started. 

"Daniel will come inside in a few minutes. He says he's leaving but he stands outside the door for like ten minutes. So if he'll make you more comfortable, I'd give it five more minutes tops." She said. 

I laughed. "Can I go see?" I asked. 

"Go right ahead." She said motioning towards the door. 

I looked out the window and I saw him leaning against it. I opened the door and he tumbled inside. Lucielle and I laughed. "Oh... hey... I was just coming in. I was opening the door and you were just there and I- yeah I'm gonna stop talking." 

"Alright. I've got work tomorrow at 6. I'm leaving here at 5. So I'm gonna go to bed. Courtney, you can sleep wherever you want as long as it's in this house. Daniel, be a gentleman." She said closing her door. 

I grinned. "I guess you were right." I said. "So much for going home."

He smirked. "I should have just stayed inside and eavesdropped." He mumbled. My heart dropped. Did he hear all that? "These walls are thick as hell. Normally she has the window opened but she didn't today... of course." He said with a playful eye roll. 

I laughed to try and lighten the mood. "I guess I'll take the couch. Good night Daniel." I said taking the blanket off the couch. 

"Night, Courtney. And sorry about tonight. With Holden and everything." 

"Don't worry about it." I said trying to give him a smile. 

Daniel's POV

I closed the door to my bedroom and jumped up and down. She likes me! She actually likes me!! I made up the best excuse when I accidentally overheard that I was eavesdropping. These walls are thin as shit. You can hear everything through them. I heard everything she said to my mom. But I didn't want her to know that. 

BUT SHE ACTUALLY LIKES ME! I STILL HAVE A CHANCE! 

Courtney's POV

Lucielle woke me up when she woke up. Her alarm was set for 4:30 and I'm a very light sleeper so I just laid on the couch until she left. I sat up and turned on the TV for a bit until around 8 when Daniel woke up. 

"Hey, it's early. Whatcha doing up?" He asked rubbing his eyes. 

"Your mom woke me up when she went to work so I've just been watching reruns." I said yawning. 

"Oh damn. Sorry about that." He said unsure of what to say. 

"It's ok. It's not her fault I'm a light sleeper." I said stretching. I sighed. "Well, I think I better get going." I said folding the blanket up. 

"Already?" He asked. 

I nodded. "Yeah, I don't wanna intrude and it's still kinda awkard. No offense, but we aren't exactly on the best terms." I said with a small laugh. 

"Why not?" 

"Well I mean, you did break my heart after I fell in love with you-" He cut me off. 

"You were in love with me?" He asked in shock. 

"I mean, I dunno. I thought I was. I have been let down by my parents before and I've been hurt mentally and physically by them. But nothing hurt more than seeing you kiss Ali. I felt my heart just shatter. And if that's what it feels like to be in love, then I guess I was." I said with a small grin. "But you know, the past is in the past." I said quickly to change the subject. "See ya later, Daniel." 

I went home and I felt weird. Something wasn't right about that. 

*Two Days Later*

I was cleaning up the old pottery shop and considering what else I could do with it to make a living. Then the door burst open. It was getting darker so it scared me a bit. 

"Courtney Kreese, get out here!" Someone yelled. 

Was that who I thought it was? 

"Mike?" I asked walking around the corner. It was him... 

Mike Barnes...

"Y'know there's something called knocking, right?" I asked. 

"Don't play dumb with me. Where is Daniel LaRusso?" He asked. 

"Daniel? How am I supposed to know?" I asked. 

"Terry told me you two were together and I need to find him." 

"Terry's about three years too late. We broke up a long time ago." 

He rolled his eyes. "I swear, this guys like ancient. He can't do anything for the life of him." He said. I laughed. "Sorry for the scare. I thought the best way to get it out of you was to scare ya." 

I grinned. "You're good." I said playing it off. 

"So how have you been?" He asked. 

"I've been better. It's been a long time since I've seen ya. I mean, you're 19 and I'm about to be 19. It's been 5 years." I said with a laugh. 

"Damn, it's been that long. Sorry about your mom and dad. They never were the greatest but I heard about it. That sucks." 

"Yeah, it does. What makes it better is your best friend leaving you to go back with her boyfriend." I said with a laugh. "Wait, how did you know I was here?" I asked. 

"I have my people." 

"That's unsettling." I said with a grin. 

"Hey, we're friends. It's not that weird."

"Friends who haven't seen each other in five years." I said with a laugh. 

Little back story, Mike and I have been close friends cause we're both affiliated with Cobra Kai. But him mentioning Terry Silver had me worried. He was a bad guy. Almost as bad as my dad, who I haven't seen in years. I can only imagine what they're up to.

"Well, it's getting late. Good luck with whatever you're doing. See ya, Court." 

"Nice seeing you again. This time we won't lose touch." I said with a grin. 

"Of course." He said with a wink. 

I laughed. But as soon as he stepped out of the door I locked it. There was a reason I stopped hanging out with him. He's dangerous and mean. He could kill someone if he wanted to. That's why I couldn't tell him about Daniel. Him and Terry together...

I don't even want to think about it...