Chapter 2

Courtney's POV 

The night went by slower than ever. Dad opens Cobra Kai from 4-7. So at 10:00, I sneak back in there when I get kicked out of my house. And for your information, I don't plan on going back home for a while. Not after today. 

I've been mad at my dad before. Plenty of times, actually. As I said before, he hates me more than anyone. When I was dating Johnny Lawrence - yes, the one and only dickhead, Johnny Lawrence - he laughed and said Johnny could cheat on me with whoever he wanted to. 

And that is the day I knew my dad would never like me no matter what I did. 

Johnny and I dated when I was 15 to 16. But we broke up 5 months ago when I caught him cheating on me with this blonde girl. Her name is Ali Mills. I'm not sure why they broke up. Those two assholes deserver each other. Sometimes I feel like Ali's only purpose in life is to piss me off. 

Something told me I was just jealous of her. She got the guy I thought I was gonna end up with. But one thing about me that always shocks people, is that I don't date for fun. I don't want a pathetic high school relationship. I'd rather find one that'll last a life time. I really thought that person would be Johnny. 

But I'm over him. I've moved on and I'll resent him every day for what he did. 

I was sitting on the curb on the corner of the street and I watched as the clock struck 10. Dad's long gone by now. But I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm sure he's sitting at home getting ready to go to bed while mom's in the kitchen drinking away her life. 

I took my extra key that I had copied and unlocked the door. I grabbed my alarm clock that was tucked behind the cleaning stuff and pulled it out. Dad doesn't come in here until 12:00 and I have school tomorrow anyway. 

I didn't fall asleep until around midnight. But I had to wake up at 5:30 if I wanted to get to school on time. It went off and I tucked it away again. I opened the closet door and the sun was shining through the windows. 

I made sure everything was how it was when I left and locked up the store again. I went to the back of my house and looked up at my window. We live in a really big house in the rich part of the valley. So my room was on the second story. 

Johnny Lawrence and I grew up next to each other. So when we were younger, we build this play house into the tree. It was in a tree between our two windows. The house isn't there anymore but the ladder on the tree is still there so I use that to climb into my room. 

I grabbed my backpack and put my school stuff in it. I put some money into the front pocket, my makeup and basically just women things into the side pockets, and a pair of shoes next to my books. 

I then grabbed my sports bag and shoves as many outfits as I could in them. This'll last me a week. I climbed down my window and walked to school. I normally take showers at the school when everyone's gone. 

Is it illegal?

Yes. 

Do I care?

Surprisingly, yes. 

But it's apart of life and at least I actually attend the school. 

I got to school and went to my locker. "Hey, Court." Someone said coming up behind me. I knew exactly who it was. Johnny Lawrence and his little minions. 

"What do you want?" I asked shoving the last of my stuff in my locker. 

"Don't be so harsh with us. We're friends." 

"Were." I corrected. "We were friends." 

"Whatever. At least we know our place." Tommy said. 

It took all my might not to punch him right in the face. 

"Hey, how y'all doing?" Someone said coming over. 

I looked over and I realized it was Daniel. Johnny and his friends all groaned. "Have fun with your little boy toy, Court." Johnny said. 

I rolled my eyes but grinned at Daniel. "So I just need to keep you around to have them stay away from me." 

He laughed. "According to them, I'm already your 'boy toy' so I guess I can make that work." 

We both laughed. "Hey, do you maybe wanna hang out after school? Everything I do after school suddenly cleared up." I said referring to dropping out of Cobra Kai. 

"I'd love to but the only free afternoons I have now are Saturday's and Sunday's. I've been practicing for the tournament." 

"Ahh I see. Well, to make up for rejection my plans," I said sarcastically, "I gotta know, what happened to your eye?" 

He gave me a small grin. "Your Cobra friends pushed me off my bike down a hill." 

"Jesus Christ..." I mumbled. "What a bunch of assholes." I said more to myself than him. 

"How about this, wanna come with me after school? It might not be a lot of fun but if you want-" 

He started stuttering so I cut him off. "I'll see you after school. I'll meet you in lot A." 

I closed my locker and started walking away. "See ya then." He called out. I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. 

My last period was gym which was perfect for me because that's when I took my shower. I put on my gym outfit, which was just a tight top and volleyball shorts, and went to gym. I didn't like gym but it worked out for me because I need to shower everyday and I don't go home anymore. 

I showered and dried my hair after gym and went out into lot A in front of the school. I looked through my bag to make sure I had everything and I looked up. "Over here!" I yelled waving at Daniel. 

"Hey, ready to go?" He asked. 

I nodded. "Yep. You have a car?" I asked. 

"Nah. My family can barely afford the one we have. I walk there after school." 

"Oh. It's ok. My family can afford another car but I don't have one. So walking it is. Let's go."