Chapter 1

Courtney's POV

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T GET ONE?" I yelled.

Sorry. That's a bad way to start my story. I'm Courtney Kreese. I'm 17 and I'm a pretty normal kid. Wow. I can't believe the first thing I said to you was a lie. I'm probably one of the least normal kids in the entire city.

I'm a girl and I'm in Cobra Kai. And there's a very strict rule of no girls in Cobra Kai. Except I'm the sensei's daughter.

You'd think I'd get an advantage, right?

Wrong.

My dad, John Kreese, is the sensei at Cobra Kai and he's an absolute asshole.

My mom got pregnant with me and when she found out, her and my dad got married because of all the shame they got from it. Although I really wish they didn't. Basically, my dad turned her into an alcoholic.

Kreese went to fight in the war when he was younger right after my parents got married. My mom resorted to drinking after he came back because of how much he changed.

That's when he opened up Cobra Kai. He said he was gonna start it for teen boys but my mom convinced him to let me join. He never said it but I know he hated it. He said he would teach me at home but mom insisted that he let me train with the other boys.

I knew for a fact he didn't like me there because he didn't even let me wear the uniforms. They're called gi's. I always just wore leggings and a sports bra. Dad said I shouldn't wear a gi until I was official. Whatever that meant.

But everyone was getting their black belts. The highest belt, if you didn't know. I've been doing this for 12 years. Johnny, Jimmy, Bobby, Dutch and Timmy all have been doing this for about 5 years.

That's a seven year difference. Meaning, I have been doing this for seven years longer than them and my dad still refuses to give me the final belt.

Well, there's a quick recap. As I was saying, "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T GET ONE?"

"No means no."

"I've worked my ass off for 12 years at this damn place! They've been here for 5."

"Stop talking back. Get back in your spot and accept it."

"NO! I'm not gonna accept it. You're shitty 'rule' about no girls in Cobra Kai doesn't apply to me. I'm your fucking daughter."

"I think you're forgetting I didn't ask to have a wife and a kid."

"I think YOU'RE forgetting I begged mom to divorce you. I didn't ask to be in this damn dojo but the least you could do is repay me for the shit I've done in here."

"Hmm... no." He said.

I rolled my eyes. "Y'know what? Fuck you. Fuck you and fuck everyone in here. You can explain to your alcoholic wife why I'm not coming home tonight." I said.

I aggressively shoved through everyone and grabbed my jacket. I put it on and opened the door. I made sure to slam it shut.

I turned to the left and walked right into a guy. "Jesus Christ..." I mumbled pushing past him.

"Woah. What were you doing in there?" He asked following me.

I looked in the window and everyone was back into position. Johnny Lawrence and I exchanged a look. He grinned and I just rolled my eyes.

"You ok?" The guy I ran into asked when we passed the window.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Why were you in a place like that?" He asked disgustedly.