Chapter 23

Courtney's POV

I didn't see Daniel for another week and a half but he never reached out so I thought maybe it was better to leave him alone, even if I didn't like it. 

But I needed to get behind this Mike Barnes situation. And Terry Silver definitely has something to do with this. Majorly. 

I went to the one place I never wanted to go into again. 

Cobra Kai.

Dad couldn't afford the old building anymore after everyone left so he moved it to Terry's dojo and he just keeps the company name just in case he gets a student. 

I walked in the door and navigated my way through his business part of his house. I was almost scared. I hated this place. I walked up the stairs and it sounded like someone was doing karate. Does Cobra Kai actually have a student? 

I heard Terry's voice so I kept following it making sure nobody saw me. I was about to turn the corner and see who was in there but someone grabbed me and covered my mouth. He turned me around and I was frozen in place. 

"Al?" Someone asked. I could recognize that voice anywhere... Terry Silver. "Al?" He asked again. 

"You got a visitor." He called back. 

He shoved me into the large doorway and there were two people in the room. I glared at the guard or servant or whoever it was and rolled my eyes. 

"Courtney." He said loudly. "Courtney Kreese." He repeated. I felt chills crawl up my spine. He walked over to me and looked me up and down. I felt very uncomfortable. "Wow. You remember me? It's been a long time since we've seen each other." He said with a laugh. 

"I'm not here to chat with you. I just have a question for you." 

"For me? Wow, I'm honored. What is it?" 

"I just wanna ask about-" I stopped. "Daniel?" I asked. He was standing in the middle of the dojo with blood on his knuckles. "What the?" I asked more to myself. 

"Well if you wanna ask about Daniel, he's right there. Meet my newest student." 

I stood there in shock. "What are you doing here?" 

"Training." He said quickly. 

"Daniel, you're making a huge mistake. You gotta get outta here." I said getting closer to him. "Whatever he said to you, it's not worth it. This is a bad move, here." 

"I came here on my own. I need his help if I wanna win. Mr. Miyagi isn't doing shit." He said clenching his fists. 

"What? He's been your father figure for years now. You can't do this to him. Does he know?" 

"No. He doesn't have to. He didn't want me to fight so I found someone else." 

He did say that... 

"So you found Cobra Kai? Daniel..." 

"No, don't get all sad. You're pathetic. You couldn't handle it here." 

I didn't listen to the rest of the shit he had to say about me. I was thinking. Then it hit me. I just blurted out my thoughts. "My dad's behind this, isn't he." I said looking at Terry. Daniel stopped his rambling and Terry raised an eyebrow. "He is. I know he is." 

"Courtney, just get out!" Daniel yelled. 

"No! Your knuckles! My dad was talking on the phone to someone a few weeks after the tournament telling him how he hoped that one day Daniel's knuckled bled the way his bled after he punched those car windows. That person was you! This was your chance! You got your little minion to do your dirty work to bring him to you so you can hurt him and weaken him! YOU BITCH!" I yelled. 

I couldn't describe how much anger came over me. I ran towards Terry and pushed him against the wall. He hit his head and a portrait fell off the wall. I punched him and knocked him to the ground. 

"Court, knock it off!" Daniel yelled. 

I swung my elbow back going to punch him again and I hit someone behind me. I turned back praying to God it wasn't Daniel. 

It was. 

"Daniel! I'm so sorry." I said trying to help him up. 

He rejected my help and yelled, "I can handle myself! You're being an asshole!" 

"Take her. This is your first real practice!" Terry yelled to Daniel. 

"STOP TRYING TO TURN US AGAINST EACH OTHER!" I yelled. "I'M NOT FALLING FOR IT!" I said. 

"DANIEL! GO!" He yelled. 

Daniel grabbed my foot from the floor and pulled me down. I groaned as I hit the ground. "Daniel, I'm not gonna hit you." I managed to get out. 

"That makes one of us." He said. He punched me hard across the face and I let out a cry. 

I knew all of his moves but I couldn't bring myself to hurt him. He ended up hitting me against the opposite wall and I shattered the mirrors with my back. I groaned and felt tears forming in my eyes. 

He kicked his knee up to my rib and I groaned. He was about to break my nose so I had to do something...

I did a move my dad taught me and he was taken by surprise when he was on the floor and I was on top. I accidentally cut my hand on a piece of glass as I pushed him over. "Daniel, listen to me. This isn't you. Stop this." I said quickly. 

He didn't listen and he pushed pushed me against the wall parallel from the entrance and it was getting harder and harder to keep my tears back. 

Daniel looked at me and he started to walk away. 

"FINISH HER!" Terry yelled. 

Daniel looked at him and took one quick glance at me and kicked me right in the stomach. I let out a yelp like a lost puppy and fell to the floor. 

"Congratulations, Daniel. I didn't think you had it in you. Of course, your opponent won't be that easy, but it's a good start. And I think you're ready to move to the next level. 

I sat there in pain as my entire body ached. 

How could he do this?