Chapter 22

Courtney's POV *Five Days Later*

It was getting late and it's been a week since I've seen Daniel. The All-Valley Tournament is coming up and I wanna know if he's going to it. He said on the drive home from the club that night after Holden and I went our separate ways that Mr. Miyagi doesn't want him to fight. 

I saw him walk into his new shop today so I thought I should go see what's up. It would be the easiest way to figure out what I wanna know. 

I looked through the window and I heard talking. I opened the door and my eyes widened when I saw Daniel on the floor with blood on the side of his face and bruises up and down his arms. 

Just then, I got knocked in the face. "OW!" I yelled holding my face. Someone just punched me right under my right eye.

"Courtney?" Someone asked. 

I turned around in complete shock. "Mike? What the hell are you doing?" 

"I told you I had business to be done with Daniel!" He yelled. "You knew where he was! You were lying!" 

"Yes, because you've gone crazy. Why do you think I didn't talk to you anymore? Jesus Christ, I walk in a building and I get a punch to the face. That proves something." I said crossing my arms trying to hold back my tears from the hard punch. 

"YOU'RE A LIAR!" He yelled getting really close to me. 

"Mike, stop it." I said getting nervous. 

"You know this guy?" Daniel asked. 

I ignored him. "Get out of here." I said trying to look intimidating. 

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. I got what I wanted anyway." He said waving a bunch of papers in my face. I gave him a disgusted look as he walked out the door. 

I ran over to Daniel and helped him up. "Are you ok?" I asked quickly. 

"Your eye..." He said trailing off. 

"My eye? Hello, look at your face! Daniel, there's blood everywhere. He can't do that to you. What did he want?" I asked trying to get it to stop his cheek from bleeding. 

"He just wanted me to join the All-Valley. He made me sign the papers to enter. So I guess I'll be busy on the 21st." He said sighing. 

"Daniel! He can't do that to you!" I yelled. "Is there a lock on this door?" I asked. 

"No." He said quietly. 

"Here, come on. We're going back to my place." I said pushing him out the door. We crossed the street and I locked the door. I got a better look at his face and I couldn't help but gasp. "Daniel, there's a huge cut on your face. It's gonna get infected." 

"I'll be ok." He said wiping some blood off his face. 

"DANIEL! Don't do that!" I said pushing his hand away. "Come on. If you don't do something about it, it's gonne either get infected or scar." 

We walked upstairs and I got a towel and hydrogen peroxide. "This is gonna hurt." I said with a small frown. 

"Oh God... get it over with." He said biting his lip. 

I took a breath and put it on his face. He clenched his eyes and I felt so bad. I finally took it off and I put adhesive tape on it. I sighed. "Well, I guess the hard parts over." I said with a frown. "Do you want me to drive you home?" I asked. 

"My moms gonna flip." He said with a sigh. 

"I mean, you can stay here for the night if you want. But she's gonna find out at some point." 

"No, I'll just walk home. Thanks though." 

"I can drive you. It's not that far of a drive." 

"No, it's ok-" 

"Daniel, you just got beat up. I'm driving you home." I said grabbing my keys off my desk. 

We got in my car and it wasn't that big a deal for me but I could tell it bothered Daniel. I wasn't sure why though. I pulled into the parking lot in the back of the building and Daniel was about to get out but I was gonna try and see what was up with him. 

"Wait! Daniel..." I said before he could get out. 

"Yeah?" He asked. 

"Are you ok?" I asked. 

"I told you, I'm fine." 

"No, I mean like, are you ok? You haven't been acting yourself. I know we didn't end on the best terms but-" 

He cut me off. "Well maybe you don't know me! You walk right out of my life without letting me give you an explanation of what happened with Ali! So screw you!" 

I sat there in shock. "This was not the vibe I was getting from you the other day!" I yelled. 

"Well I realized that you're just wrong. Leave me alone." He said walking inisde. 

I didn't know whether to just storm off and leave or go and try and figure out what his deal is. I'll be honest, I was about to just leave. The way he just made me feel hurt my feelings. But I didn't wanna be like my parents. They never cared if I was clearly upset. I turned the car off and got out. 

He was speed walking but I got in front of him. "What's up with you? I know we haven't seen each other in a long time but I know you well enough to know something's wrong. If you're upset about not getting to explain your side of the story, tell me now. I'll listen." 

"I don't wanna." He said, pouting. 

"Then it's something else. I know we haven't always gotten along but Daniel, I loved you. I'll always be here to listen to you, even if we aren't together." 

He didn't say anything. 

I sighed. "Fine. I get it. But just know that I'll always listen. If you wanna talk shit about me, I'll listen." I said with a small laugh. "Good night, Daniel." I said walking away. 

Daniel's POV

I watched her as she walked back to her car. But I couldn't tell her. I know she said she listen but this is something else. She'd hate me forever. I lied right to her face. Well, I did kinda have an explanation about Ali. But I just couldn't tell her. 

She'd rip my head off if she ever found out I joined Cobra Kai.