Chapter 14

Courtney's POV

"What are you doing back here?" The security guard asked.

I gave him a fake laugh. "Funny story. So like, I was just checking in on Daniel and making sure he's ok. I'm not doing anything wrong and-"

"I told you to get out. Do I need to drag you out of this building?" He asked crossing his arms. 

I thought for a second. "You see, my dad is actually a sensei here. John Kreese actually." I said hoping it would do something. I put my elbow on my foot and gave him a smile.

"So?" He asked. 

That didn't work... 

"I- it means... yeah, I got nothing. But I'm talking to Daniel! He's my-" 

Daniel cut me off. "No I'm not." 

Ouch. That hurt. A lot actually. 

"He's my... sensei's other student." 

"You really think Mr. Miyagi actually considered you a student." He said. 

Alright. I was crushed. 

"I'll- uhh... leave you two here." 

"No, I'll see myself out. Sorry for bothering you." I said to the security guard and then to Daniel. 

I didn't actually leave. No matter how many pieces my heart was just crushed into, I still wanted to see Johnny win the trophy. I wanted to be there to tell him how much I hated him and how much of a shitty person he is. 

Just then, some blonde ran up to the announcer as Johnny was about to give him the trophy. Was that Ali Mills? No, there's no way. 

"Courtney." Someone scolded. I snapped out of my daze. "Get down here." Dad said. 

I rolled my eyes and went and stood by him. 

"Daniel LaRusso is gonna fight? Daniel LaRusso is gonna fight!" The announcer said. 

I jumped up. "WOO HOO! GO DANIEL!" I yelled with a smile. 

I can't believe I'm cheering for the guy who just broke my heart. 

Dad glared at me but I was too excited to care. 

Johnny against Daniel. 

First Daniel got a point. 

Then Daniel again. 

Oh my God! He's gonna do it!

But then Johnny got the next point. 

Then Johnny again. 

But he was playing dirty. 

Tie game. 2,2. 

They both got in there positions but Daniel was doing something I haven't seen before. He put his leg in the air and... and... and...

HE WON! OH MY GOODNESS HE WON! 

I cheered for him and Johnny was distraught. He got the trophy and handed it to Daniel. I was proud of him for that. 

But then it happened...

The whole world closed in around me...

It was Ali Mills. And she just kissed Daniel.

Dad noticed too. "Looks like your little boy toy wasn't so loyal." 

You don't just break up with someone and kiss someone else fifteen minutes later. 

Did he cheat on me?