Taking Flight [OT8 x Reader]

Part 2 to Airport Security

Your gaze was held rapt as you looked at the plane outside of the huge glass windows. Your eyes looked at the huge piece of machinery that you would be boarding shortly. Below, you could see people wearing bright vests loading the checked-in luggage into the bottom of the plane, and a large pipe probably carrying fuel was being carried away. You felt a presence sit down on the floor next to you and turned to see Felix. "Is it scary?" the words fell from your lips as you looked at the flying sardine can. All of your excitement about flying (and your previous nerves about security) wasn't enough to mute the fear of flying. You would be trapped, thousands of feet in the air, with the only thing keeping you up a combination of a vacuum and air molecules.

He gave a moment to think about it and you couldn't help but gaze at his freckles, "unexpected turbulence is the only scary thing."

"Turbulence?"

Felix nodded, "it's a very smooth ride. You hardly notice that you're moving." He continued in his deep voice that was pretty soothing, "so turbulence is sudden shakes. It's typically really short, so don't worry." He reassured you with a sunshine smile.

You felt an arm wrap around your shoulders and saw Hyunjin squat down on the other side, "lift-off and landing isn't scary either. Your ears pop though." You couldn't help the incredulous look that you shot him, that didn't sound reassuring at all. "It's not painful!" he waved his hands around to try and reassure you. "I brought gum, and that helps with it!" he pulled at his bag and looked around inside it for the aforementioned sweet. He pulled out a slightly battered looking box before pulling out a stick and handing it to you, "here. If you chew it while we take off, it helps with the pressure difference in your ears."

You nodded as you took the piece of candy and pocketed it, grateful that you'd have the small distraction. "It's honestly kind of fun." Felix told you with a smile, "the world looks so cool as it gets smaller and smaller. You get to see the city from a whole new perspective, and the tall skyscrapers, well, compared to everything else they're still tall, but they become little buildings. Like legos!"

"Are you going to sleep on the plane?" Hyunjin asked the two of you as he played with the neck pillow hanging from his bag.

Felix shrugged, "I think I'll watch movies. You?" he quirked an eyebrow to the blond who shrugged.

"Maybe, I'm not looking forward to the jet lag, but I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep." He replied with a shrug of his own.

Felix nodded, "yeah, it's like," he quickly dug out his phone, "9 am."

"Okay kids, we'll be boarding soon," the three of you looked up at the sound of the manager's voice and he was waving for everyone to come near him, so the three of you picked yourselves up from the floor and to him.

The boarding process took a while, but you soon found yourself in the window seat with Seungmin next to you and Minho in the aisle seat. Minho originally got the window seat, but he told you to have it once he realized his position, saying 'it's your first time on a plane, you should be able to see outside!' but you knew it was from his fear of heights.

You sat down in the seat, making sure to buckle yourself and pull it tight. You looked around and noticed the safety card tucked into the pocket in front of you, so you picked it up and read through it. Making sure you knew all the safety procedures and how to safely get out in the case of an emergency.

You felt something bump your shoulder and you looked up to see Seungming grinning at you, you gave him a slightly confused look as you shoulder bumped him back, a bit harder than he had bumped you, which caused him to give Minho a slight bump. Minho was quick to glare at the two of you, shoving his own shoulder into Seungmin and causing a chain reaction down the row. You couldn't help your laughter as Seungmin was the poor monkey in the middle as the three of you bumped into each other like a crazy game of dominos. "Mercy! Have mercy!" Seungmin cried out as he started to get dizzy from getting bumped around.