[Lee Felix ft. Hwang Hyunjin] The Forest Calls (Elf AU)

Warning: Depictions of injuries

The warm, yellow sun filtered through the green leaves on the trees, dappling the brown ground below with gentle golden spots. You were lightly making your way through the forest floor, careful to not trip over roots or fallen logs or step on any saplings. Earlier, you heard the worried murmurs of an intruder in the forest, and you couldn't keep your curiosity at bay. So you made an excuse and slipped out to find out what happened. The birds around you chirped in what seemed to be a joyful way to any average listener, but you could hear the hidden message. Whoever the intruder was, they were still here.

The forest seemed to still, and that's when you knew you were close. The animals feared whoever was intruding on their home and quickly fled. Even the wind seemed to pause and the rustling of leaves was nonexistent. But the sun shone down as constant as ever, perfectly illuminating the blond boy who was collapsed conveniently in the middle of a clearing.

Even from your position at the edge of the clearing, you could see he was hurt, and it took a lot of self control to keep yourself from rushing straight to him and healing him on the spot. Humans from the towns at the edge of the forest knew nothing about the elves living amongst the trees. That was on purpose. It took compliance from every elf in the forest to keep your existence a secret, you wouldn't want to be the one found breaking that rule.

You carefully skirted around the edges, keeping an eye on his fallen form. You could see from his ears that he was human, but unlike many of the humans who you often avoided, he didn't have a bow and arrow to his form. A quick glance showed the torn up trail that came from him. From the crushed plants and spots of red dotting them, it was clear he was the cause, and that he was badly injured.

His body was heaving faster than you would've expected for someone who was laying that still, but a glance at his crunched face showed he was in pain. You bit your lip, it was against the code to interact with a human, but he looked so innocent and broken, that you wouldn't be able to leave him alone.

With a glance to check that nobody else was around (and giving a warning glare to the blue-jay on the branch who quickly flew away), you eased forward into the clearing. Your eyes continuously flicked between his fallen form and where you were stepping to make sure you weren't going to step on any branches and snap them.

When you were within range, you carefully smoothed down the hair on his head, brushing away the strands falling in front of his eyes with a slightly glowing hand that shed sparkles of light. He didn't move, but his face relaxed. You couldn't help but smile at that. His face had a soft, youthful quality to it, and you were glad to see it no longer in pain.

You started at his hands and arms. The short-sleeved shirt he was wearing did little to protect his arms and hands from the sharp branches in the forest, resulting in many lacerations that were already starting to clot. It wasn't the most concerning, but you liked seeing the angry red scratches disappear after a few moments with your magic. You then moved to his legs, where you could see a growing spot of blood on his shorts covering his knee, and the red liquid trickling down his calf. You couldn't do anything to clean off the blood (other than splash water on it, which you didn't have), so you focused on the open wound. It took longer than the scratches to close up, but you easily healed the wound. Both legs were dotted with bruises, so you set forth with healing those as well, knowing that touching them would bring pain.

The rest of his body was covered and simple shoes were adorning his feet, without knowing where or what his other injuries were, you couldn't do anything to heal them, so with a satisfied hum, you sat back onto your heels and glanced at his face, only to shriek and fall backwards when you saw brown eyes staring back at you.