[Hwang Hyunjin] I've never gone camping

Requested by: SKZ8BLACKPINK4 - Did you say you knew how to do it~ hyunjin

The door to your apartment burst open as Hyunjin came in singing, "(y/n)! Are you ready for the best weekend adventure?"

You shook your head as you looked up at him from your place on the couch, "I shouldn't have given you the keys." You shut your laptop and put it on the second-hand coffee table that didn't match anything in your apartment, "you could've at least knocked!"

There was a frozen moment from Hyunjin. His mouth nearly comically open in an 'O.' "Sorry."

You smiled as you stood up and stretched your back, cringing a bit at how your spine let out a few cracks. You were getting old. (Okay, not really, but it sure felt like it.) "Anyways, to answer your question. Yes." He let out a whoop of excitement and gave a little dance. "I sure hope you know what you're doing," you mentioned as you picked up your overstuffed duffle bag of clothes, toiletries, and other items you were scared you'd need, while your other hand picked up a bag full of snacks and food, "because I don't."

"Don't worry," he reassured as he took note of the couple gallons of water at his feet and picked them up, "I know what I'm doing."

You smiled at his confidence as you allowed him to lead you down to his car, and you loaded your bags. It wasn't long until the two of you were on the road, singing loudly to music and making your way to your weekend getaway.

About half a year ago, Hyunjin excitedly reported that he was successful in booking a camping site in the mountains. You had never gone camping before and was a little apprehensive about the new experience that could go downhill so quickly, but Hyunjin was quick to reassure that everything would be all right, and that he went with his parents before. So there was nothing to worry about.

As the two of you continued on the several hour journey, the scenery changed from the densely populated buildings and people, to sparsely populated land of rolling hills that led to the mountains in front of you. Luckily, the highway was clear and you had no problems with traffic or accidents (though you passed more Amazon trucks than you could count on all of your fingers).

He exited from the highway, and the two of you drove through meandering, winding roads through the mountains. Green trees lined the single lane road on both sides of you, and there were some moments of sudden swerves as Hyunjin avoided some bad potholes in the road. Honestly, you were feeling a bit nervous about the disrepair of where the two of you were willingly putting yourself to (especially when you saw your service starting to falter and disappear completely), but Hyunjin was as chatty and bright as ever. So it must be fine.

It wasn't long until the two of you pulled into the campground and made your way to your designated site. As you passed other campsites, you saw lots of people with their RVs and cars with tents already set up. "Do we need to check-in?" you wondered aloud as you looked at all of the sites. They were cleared enough for a car to park and you could see beyond it a picnic table, a fire pit, and people's tents, but it was still clear that you were camping in the wilderness as tall trees provided lots of shade and bushes grew in any place they could (which admittedly made nice walls and privacy between neighbors).

"Uh," Hyunjin's dark eyes darted around as he watched his surroundings, "oh, here's the host." He slowed to a stop at the site marked with a sign reading 'host.' Luckily, there was someone there, "hi!" he called out as he rolled the window down and waved, catching the attention of the lady tending to her items.

"Hi!" she smiled back as she approached him, "do you have a reservation?"

"Yeah, we're in site...8?" he glanced at you for confirmation and could only shrug in agreeance.

"It's just down the road this way," she explained as she pointed to the one-way road in front of her, "I'll come by in a bit with your parking pass and a map. Firewood is $8 a bundle, $21 for 3."

"Ah," Hyunjin nodded, "we'll just get one."

"Great," she smiled, "I'll bring one over with your pass in a bit."

"Thank you!" with a wave, Hyunjin set the car in motion again and towards your campsite. Like the rest, there was a parking space at an angle to the road that was far enough in that 2 cars could easily fit in the area. The two of you started unloading your items to the picnic table, but that was mostly to reveal the tent. "Found it!" he reported as he pulled out the bagged item and brought it over to the clear, flat area. The two of you made quick work of unzipping the bag and revealing the rolled up equipment inside. "I think these just go like," Hyunjin's brow furrowed as he took out the sticks from a smaller bag. They were made of some plastic material with metal ends and rope connecting them, "ah, like this. Yeah." He pulled them slightly apart and the taught elastic within pulled the pieces together to make a longer stick. "This was one of the few things I could do last time I went camping." He smiled sheepishly as you took another bundle and began to assemble the long stick.

You couldn't help but stare at the bundle of fabric and sticks with apprehension. And this was somehow going to provide you with a sturdy shelter? It wasn't long until all of the poles were put together and there was a moment of silence. "What next?"

"I'm pretty sure you just," he shoved a pole with a stripe of red tape into a loop with the same red color, "do that?"

You looked dubiously at Hyunjin shoving the long pole (it knocked over your waterbottle already) through the loop, and out the other side. "That seems sketch."

"It's fine," he reassured, "I'm like...50, no 70 percent certain this is how you do it."

"I thought you said you knew how to do this."

"I do!" he paused what he was doing and sat on his heels, looking up at you with a betrayed look on his face, "do you not trust me?"

"No! Of course I do!"

He dramatically put a hand to his head, "how are we going to get through this weekend?"

You blinked, "I'm genuinely asking that question."

He wheezed, "rude."

You shrugged your arms and laughed, "just being honest."

"Help me out here!" he wailed and you walked over to help push the pole through. Hyunjin ditched his shoes and stepped lightly onto the folded tent to guide the pole through the correct loops. Good thing there were colors outlining the loops to put the pole through, because you were so close to shoving and breaking the pole through a netted window.

"And then I think you just shove this into the metal key thingy here," he pointed out as he pushed the hollow end of the pole around a small metal rod attached to the corner of the tent. "Try it on your side," he gestured to where you were standing at the other end of the pole, and so you did.

"It's too tight," you complained as the tent resisted you being able to attach the pole like Hyunjin. Hyunjin let out a yelp as the tent rose with a little pop as you continued pushing.

"It was easy on my side," he shuffled over to you with his shoes half on his feet and the two of you struggled to push and pull the tent to get the pole in place.

It took a good couple minutes, but you were able to push the pole into place, causing the tent to pop up from the tension of the pole and the fabric. You were about to celebrate, but then you noticed the other pole sticking strangely out of the ground while the other was pointed towards the sky, still with the tent attached. "I don't think this is right."

"Oops."