[Lee Felix] Leap of Faith

Prompt: Lee Felix. "Why are you taking off your shirt?" and "Well, this is new"

AN: Semi-requested by AvatarKyarra (I'm so sorry, I had the wrong prompts written in my notes, I'll write another one with the prompts you requested!)

"Lee Felix if I die today this is going to be your fault and you're going to have to explain to my parents how you killed their child!" you howled into his back with screwed shut eyes as you clutched your arms around him in a nearly bone-breaking way.

"You're not going to die," he wheezed out after you knocked the air out of him and he awkwardly reached around to try and pat your head reassuringly.

That did nothing to make you feel better as you continued to screech as loud as you could, "I'm scared of heights you numb nut!"

"Oh." His body stiffened under your grasp and became awkward, "well, this is new."

"Even Chan knew about this!" you couldn't believe this betrayal. Felix. Your boyfriend of over a year still didn't know about your crippling fear of heights. Though, in his defense, the two of you haven't gone to an amusement park or looked at the view from atop a building.

"Don't worry, I'm right here." He continued in his soothingly deep voice.

"But if you fall I fall!" You continued to shout, refusing to look down. How Felix managed to convince you to climb up this rock in the first place was a mystery to begin with. Okay, maybe not. You loved the human embodiment of sunshine and trusted him (almost) whole-heartedly. So when he asked you excitedly if he could show you something fun, you were quick to join him as he gently pulled you away from the beach where everyone else was playing and up a small trail. You didn't even question it, especially since you could see his excitement nearly rivaling that of the shining sun beating down on the 9 of you. And when he pulled you onto the nearly car-sized rock, you assumed there would be more earth beyond it, just like the rest of the rocks the two of you had clambered across. So when the two of you came to the crest and you were met with the gorgeous view of the coastline to both sides and the blue ocean spanning to the edge of the earth, you screamed.

"We're just going to jump into the water," he tried to coax you in a sweet voice.

"What if we hit our head?"

"That's why we jump." He managed to pull himself out of your grasp so he could meet your terrified eyes with warm brown ones. "I'll be with you the entire way, it's fun. I promise."

"Nope." You declared and tried to back down the rock.

"Don't be lame (y/n)!" You heard Jeongin's voice scream.

"Then you get up here and do it!" You shouted back to the teen without looking to find him. You didn't hear a response, so you assumed he chickened. Serves him right.

During the whole exchange, you didn't notice Felix gently let go of you and only realized when you saw him with his shirt covering his face and his abs on full display. "Why are you taking off your shirt?" Your terror was forgotten for a moment as you became a little more than distracted by his toned body. Not fair, how was he able to make and eat all those brownies and cookies while still having a fit body.

"I'm not going to swim with my shirt on," he shrugged nonchalantly as he shook out his shoulders before extending a hand to you, "coming?"

"I can go first to reassure you it's not dangerous," you looked to see Jeongin's form climbing up the rock where you and Felix were standing.

You frowned at him, "you took great joy in pointing fake guns at Chan and Changbin." He merely shrugged. You were right.

"Well if both of you are gonna be losers, I'll see you later." He waved before taking a running jump off the rock. With a joyful woop and a cry of "cannonball!" You watched him sink to the ground before a loud splash was heard. There was only a second of silence before you heard his melodious laughter. Adrenaline junkies. The lot of them.

"Please?" Felix asked with puppy dog eyes that could rival Seungmin.

"No."

"For your boyfriend?"

"No."

"For your ray of sunshine?"

"No."

"For yourself?"

"Myself doesn't want it."

Felix let out a sigh of defeat, "all right." He stepped away from the edge of the rock to hold your hand and guide you back down, grabbing his shirt in the process.

You didn't miss the dejected lilt in his voice, though he was hiding it behind smiles and reassuring you that it was all right. You knew Felix had an adventurous streak and loved the thrill of doing something exciting, and he seemed so excited to show you. Felix would never purposefully do anything to harm you, and nobody's gotten hurt yet (you noticed Changbin, Seungmin, and Chan playing around over there earlier). Plus, then you could rub it in Minho's face. You needed to get even with him after he was a literal cat whisperer and was correct in pointing out the cat hiding in the bushes, even when you, Jisung, and Felix firmly believed against him. You steeled yourself and stopped in your tracks at the top of the small trail, causing Felix to turn around and look at you in confusion. "You'll be with me the entire way?"

There was a pause of confusion before his face brightened with excitement, "we'll jump together. I'll make sure you're safe, promise."

"Okay," you nodded timidly.

"But you're scared of heights." Felix frowned, he didn't want to push you into doing something you didn't want to do. Especially considering how tightly you were holding onto him earlier, he thought a rib was going to break.

"I trust you," you added with a nod as you turned to pull him back up, "now let's go before I change my mind. I really want to rub this into Minho's and Han's faces."

Felix let out a laugh as his grip around your hand tightened, "let's go." Once again, the two of you clambered to the top of the rock and you refused to look down, opting to focus on Felix's face (and abs) instead. "You're sure?" he asked you one more time as he connected both of his hands with yours reassuringly, making sure to connect eyes with you and show on his face that he was 100% okay with you backing out.

"You can do it (y/n)!" you heard the reassuring cheer from Seungmin.

"You can't do it (y/n)!" Minho antagonized immediately afterward.

"You can shut up Minho!" you screeched in response, not turning to look in his direction. "Just jump?" you asked for confirmation. You could feel your entire body trembling to the point where it was tingling, from your fingertips to your toes. Your heart was pounding loudly in your ears and you felt like your vision was tunneling onto Felix. Were you really going to do this?

"Yes."

The two of you jumped.

You hardly got a chance to scream before you crashed into the water with a great splash. You kicked and rose back up to float as you choked out some water and pushed your hair out of your face. Your hearing was a little fuzzy from the adrenaline rush plus the pounding from your heart only seemed to get stronger and louder, so you didn't hear the excited cheers from the rest of the gang. But you didn't miss the bright smile on Felix's face who was still in front of you just like on the top of the rock. "Not so bad, right?"

"Never again."