[Lee Minho] Cats are the worst

Requested by: AvatarKyarra

Prompts: Minho/Lee Know 6) "That wasn't supposed to happen" and 9) "Don't freak out"

Word count: 1.7k

TW: Mentions of food

AN: Lol <1k was a bit of a lie apparently. Anywho, thank you for the request! Let me know what you think! Sorry if the writing feels a little clunky/repetitive TwT BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, Hyunjin is back!!

"I don't know, do you think he'll like it?" you asked your phone that was on speakerphone as you scrolled through the list of recipes on your screen.

You heard an exasperated sigh from the other end of the line, "of course he's going to love it. You're his significant other."

"Yeah, but he's not that fond of sweets," you bit your lip and ran a hand through your hair in frustration.

Han let out another groan from your hesitance, at this point, he was probably more frustrated than you, "have you seen him with Felix makes brownies?"

"Okay, but Felix's brownies can make anyone melt." You bit back in response as you thought to the cheery blond's sweets. They always made you feel better, even after a rough day.

"He's going to love anything you make him," Han told you with finality, though this would be the fifth time he's told you this. "But the more time you waste doing this the less time you have to make it."

You snorted, knowing Han also had streaks of indecisiveness, "when did you become decisive?"

"Since you spent nearly an hour going in circles with me." You let out a yelp of surprise, not realizing how much time had already passed. "Just make cookies! They're going to be faster than a cake." Your black-haired friend quickly told you, hoping to take this opportunity to give you a decision.

"Okay, okay, thank you!" you hurriedly clicked on the recipe with the highest rating and number of reviews.

"It'll be amazing!" Han rushed to tell you as you fumbled with your phone to hang up.

"Thanks Han! If we have any extra I'll bring you some!"

"Go, go go!" Han cheered before hanging up. With a determined nod, you ran around your shared kitchen for the ingredients. You frowned when you couldn't find any more chocolate chips, Minho must've eaten them because you could've sworn you had some last week. It looks like you'll have to change your plan and make sugar cookies. You found a simple recipe that allowed for decorating and decided that you'd decorate them. That'd be a cute gesture, right?

With clumsy precision, you measured out the ingredients and mixed them together to form the dough. You frowned as the recipe called to chill the dough for a couple of hours. You weren't going to have time for that, so you'd have to skip that step and hope things still turned out all right. With the use of a couple of spoons and a butterknife, you were able to scoop out some relatively flat cookies onto the baking tray and pop them into the oven. It was a shame you couldn't find the cat-shaped cookie cutters that you thought Felix gave you for Christmas, but they were very lost. Now that you think about it, you weren't sure if you saw them since the day he gave them to you.

It was with a sinking heart when you realized you would have to wait for the cookies to cool before you could ice them. "It'll be okay, right?" you worriedly mumbled as you glanced at your phone to see how much longer you had until Minho came home and the timer telling you that it would be close. Letting out a somewhat panicked but quiet, "aaaaaa," you set to cleaning up the bowls and utensils you had used to make the dough. In no time they were on the drying rack and you grabbed a smaller bowl to make the icing.