[Yang Jeongin] Did you just ask me out on live stream?

It started as a bet. You and Jeongin couldn't keep up a weekly podcast for more than 2 months. The way Han phrased it, you could just do it on YouTube and in your dorms, but no, you were fueled by spite and somehow convinced your professor to allow you, Jeongin, and Hyunjin to live stream from the university's audio studio.

Two months later and you had a small following, so you just continued. Much to Han's shock.

"On to the final part of the show," you spoke into your microphone as you scrolled through the outline, "answering your questions!" you let out a snort, "I don't know why you guys keep asking us for advice. The other day Jeongin tried to joust Seungmin with an icicle."

"And I won!" your partner declared gleefully with a wide grin.

"Mmm, debatable," you teased, much to Jeongin's chagrin, effectively wiping his face of the smile. "He only claims he won because Seungmin's icicle broke first."

"Yeah! That's how it works!"

"But he hit you with it before you broke it!"

Jeongin threw his arms up in frustration, "this isn't fencing!" From beyond the glass, you saw Hyunjin shaking his head in tired resignation as the two of you deviated from the script yet again and couldn't help but giggle. "Deal with it Hyunjin," Jeongin whispered into the mic when he saw what you were giggling at, causing your laughs to escalate. Hyunjin glared at the two of you and Jeongin put his hands up in surrender, "okay okay, actually onto the questions now. Which were chosen by our dear Hyunjin," he mocked with faux sincerity before an evil grin grew on his face, "so if this becomes boring blame him."

Hyunjin looked like he was going to enter the recording booth and whack the two of you over the head with the rolled-up outline in his hand as his mouth was open in a muffled yell.

"Before Hyunjin takes us off the air, let's answer some of your questions!" for the third time you tried to continue with what you were supposed to be doing. "This one's from John. Hey (y/n) and Jeongin! There's someone who I really like and I want to ask them out on a date. We've been getting dinner together, but I don't think either of us really classify it as a date. It's mostly been under the pretense of 'I'm starving, you're here, let's go.' How can I make that leap into asking them on a date versus a friendly get-together? Thanks for the help!" there was a pause of silence as the two of you tried to think of a response, "no offense John, but you're asking the wrong people. I've never been on a date," you side-eyed Hyunjin for him letting this question pass, "and Jeongin-"

"I've been in the same position."

"What?" you shrieked and the three of you winced as you heard your loud voice through your headphones.

"Warning for headphone users." Your dark-haired friend mumbled under his breath and took off his headphones to rub at his ear.

"Hold up, when was this?" you looked at Jeongin in bewilderment. The two of you were best friends, and this was a new development for you. You had never heard of Jeongin crushing after someone. Granted, you had only known each other for about 3 years, since the two of you started university, but with the number of late-night ramblings and how often the two of you are together, it could've come up.

Jeongin merely shrugged. "I totally understand you, John, it's difficult, but here's what I did." You nodded your head to allow Jeongin to continue, seeing as you had no way to help. "It's hard to tell from your letter, but how close are the two of you? I got closer and closer to the person who I liked. It developed from 'hey you're in the same class as me,' to something more. It became late-night shenanigans, staying up late talking about anything and everything, watching movies, and of course, doing homework together. Though, to be real, we suck at doing homework when we're together." He added with a laugh.