Kookie

Hey friends wow can you believe were 40 chapters in?!? Thanks so much for coming on the journey with me and making it this far. If you are enjoying the story please take the time to vote and comment on bits you enjoy! It means the world to me and lets me know when I'm doing a good job!

A few phone calls and an hour of driving later, Taehyung and Jungkook pulled into the house.

The last members of the inner circle to arrive for the emergency meeting.

"What were you thinking," Namjoon growled as soon as they entered the house.

"He wasn't." Taehyung answered flatly as he faced the man he wanted to see the least of this evening.

"I didn't shoot him!" Jungkook whined defensively.

"No, but you had men stationed there in advance." Yoongi added, crossing his arms as he leaned against the entryway door frame, "Jungkook, if you're plotting an ambush, you have to tell us, I only put one guy out there."

"I wasn't-"

"How about we let them enter the house before we accuse them of mutinanty," Jin called from the kitchen.

The two leaders roughly exhaled but turned to make their way into the kitchen.

Everyone settled at the table except for Jin, "Now, how about you tell us everything that happened before we start throwing around accusations." He ordered, making eye contact with each man at the table.

Jungkook nodded before explaining his side of the story quickly.

"You honestly want me to believe that?" Namjoon asked.

"You want to accuse me of lying?" Jungkook asked in disbelief.

"You have to understand what this all looks like Kookie," Yoongi started. Jungkook hated hearing the nickname in this setting. "You called a few weeks ago with no explanation, asking for men to be stationed outside of Y/N's apartment. Tonight, you told us you were going to the library to study...but show up at Y/N's place with Taehyung, claiming to deliver dinner and get in a shootout with five Black Tips. Shooting their second in command."

"Okay, first, I was going to the library, I was just stopping to bring Y/N dinner. Second, I did not bring Taehyung with me, he was already there. And third, I DIDN'T EVEN SHOOT HIM! God, if you guys are going to accuse me of plotting an ambush, give me the benefit of the doubt and assume I would plan a good one." Jungkook whined.

"Why were you at Y/N's apartment?" Hoseok asked Taehyung.

Taehyung shifted in his seat uncomfortably, "I was, uhh, napping before I went to frat row for the night." He answered trying to keep his voice level, he failed.

"Napping?" Jimin asked with a smirk.

Irritation colored Taehyung's voice. "Yes, napping."

Jimin nodded his head approvingly, "Sick bruh."

"Enough!" Jungkook snapped, "See, Taehyung wasn't even with me. Listen, I was there to bring Y/N food. I was unarmed. I ran into Finn and things were getting heated. Rylie saw, and he must have thought we were in trouble-"

"Which, we were because you ran your fat mouth!" Taehyung added.

"So," Jungkook pushed, continuing, "He must have fired to help us out. He aimed for Finn's arm, I don't think he knew who he was and it wasn't a shot to kill."

"Accident or not, we still need to find a way out of this." Namjoon said.

"It's not my fault." Jungkook stressed, eyes beginning to look around the table, "Is anyone going to acknowledge the fact that I didn't shoot? I didn't give orders to shoot."