Lies

A/N: I played around a bit more with speaking from diffrent points of view as well as cutting to diffrent POV's over the next few chapters it made it really fun to write and i hope it makes it enjoyabe for you all to read. Like always let me know your thoughts!!!

You worked to steady your shallow breathing, straining your ears over the sound of your frantic heartbeat. Your ears were met with nothing but silence, but your instincts kept you frozen in place.

You felt like prey with a predator lurking nearby, any disruption to the silence would cause them to pounce, and you would meet your end.

It felt like minutes passed before you determined it was safe to move.

You mustered up the courage to backtrack slowly towards the direction you came, your senses on high alert, looking for any sign of the Hooded Man.

To your utter confusion, you saw an empty alleyway.

Did he decide you weren't worth the effort, or did you make the whole thing up?

Racking your brain, you wondered if it was even the same hooded man following you after you crossed the street.

You were frozen in place for a moment while your mind swarmed with possibilities.

What if V's warning earlier this afternoon had you so paranoid that you were imagining being followed?

Did you exaggerate the whole interaction in your mind?

Deciding that had to be the most logical explanation, for now, you turned back and continued your way through the network of alleyways behind the businesses of the 7th Ward. Adrenaline was still thick in your blood, and you found yourself flinching at every sound as you made your way to the Diner.

It started to sprinkle, and a cool raindrop landed on your arm, causing you to almost jump out of your own skin in shock. The off patterned plunk of heavy raindrops hitting dumpsters and fire escapes made you feel like the rain was taunting you. You were starting to feel like the whole world was out to get you.

Once you found your way to a busy enough street, you decided it was best to risk the shower and keep to the main roads as you headed to the University District, where Dax's Diner sat.

You kept your pepper spray tight in your grip, your finger resting on the trigger. You couldn't keep yourself from looking over your shoulder every couple feet or from crossing the road at random spots, unable to shake the feeling that you were being followed.

——

Hoseok was already waiting for you by the time you got to the Diner.

He sat anxiously in your usual booth. You were nearly 20 minutes late from your agreed meet-up time, and you were an annoyingly punctual person. He couldn't help the nervous thoughts from rolling through his head.

Maybe she bailed?

It was unlike you to do so without giving him some bullshit excuse like you needed to shave your legs.

Maybe her bus broke down?

Again, you would have texted him.

Her phone could have died?

You were literally addicted to the thing and had a portable charger, that wasn't likely.

Maybe something happened?

Hoseok told that stray thought to shut its ugly mouth, real quick. No. You were safe, he knew you were safe. BTS had been keeping tabs on you for weeks since the accident while they still navigated through the tension between their gang and the Black Tips. The gang that had attacked Jungkook and started this whole mess.

Better safe than sorry.

Hoseok thought to himself as he reached for his phone and opened the group chat with the inner circle. While BTS was still navigating the balance of how to keep you safe on the No Harm List, they decided it was best to have a member trail you while trying to steer through the tension with the gang. It was an easy enough protocol to enforce since you worked so many shifts at the bakery, and JK started keeping you company in his free time; Jin just had underlings, who were training to become spiders or collectors of intelligence, to practice blending in with the crowds by having them trail you on campus and on your commute home.

J-Hope: Who's with Ella rn? She's supposed to meet me at Dax's at 5.

Right as he pressed send, he heard the sound of the bell on the door clamoring as someone pushed through the entrance with urgency.

You looked flustered when you burst into the Diner. Your frantic entrance had drawn some attention, and you looked down, embarrassed as you made your way towards him.

"Y/N?" Hoseok called to you, confused.

He didn't want to assume the worst, but he was, in fact, assuming the worst. Your hair and shoulders were damp from the rainstorm that was steadily starting to fall. He felt his phone buzz in his pocket, but his focus was on you as you approached the booth.

With shaking hands, you dropped your keys, more specifically, your pepper spray onto the table, and you slid into the booth. Hoseok could see that you were still panting from trying to outrun the rain, he might've thought you were acting dramatic on purpose. About to give him a theater worthy retelling of how you got caught in the downpour if it weren't for the way you looked like you were ready to cave into yourself and disappear.

When you finally looked up at him, he saw your scared, wide, tear-filled eyes. His heart dropped at the sight, and he was ready to punch whatever caused you to feel this way.

"What happened?" He demanded, leaning across the table to reach for your hands.

You pulled them away, not wanting him to see how they still trembled, hating how you saw a look of hurt flash in Hoseok's eyes "Nothing happened, I just got caught in the weather," you said brushing it off. You didn't want to dwell on the events of your afternoon walk, the two of you have more important things to address.

"You're lying," Hoseok growled.

You wouldn't meet his eyes.

A/n: how do you think Hobi will react to all this?? Please comment and vote!