V

THE FOLLOWING CONTENT CAN BE TRIGGERING OR UNCOMFORTABLE FOR SOME READERS. IT TALKS ABOUT UNDERAGE HUMAN TRAFFICKING, BUT DOES NOT DESCRIBE ANY UNDERAGE SEXUAL ACT IN DETAIL. PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU FIND THE INFORMATION UNCOMFORTABLE YOU DO NOT NEED IT TO UNDERSTAND THE FURTHER PLOT OF THE STORY. I WILL HAVE A SMALL SUMMARY OF ANY IMPORTANT DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM  OF THE CHAPTER.

Taehyung tried to swallow his nausea as he made his way down the crowded sidewalk, holding his camera tight to his body. Vendors lined the street of Pleasure Blvd on both sides, the not-so-subtle street name advertised exactly what you expected to find in the 9th ward. The main road was lined with various pleasure houses, bathhouses, and spas. Outside the grand buildings, vendors were selling everything from tonics to help with pain or stamina, to statues and tributes for forgotten gods of debauchery, to cosmetics and lingerie.

Taehyung felt his skin crawl as he got closer to his destination, The Orchard. One of Alcor's most popular pleasure houses.

The Orchard, like most buildings on Pleasure Blvd., had classical style architecture with tall, white pillars lining the front of the building, and paintings of ivy crawling up the exterior since the tenants couldn't manage to grow actual ivy properly. In Tae's mind, the attempt at elegance was tasteless and screamed, 'we're not a whore house at all.'

The tacky attempts of the classics clashed with the rest of the city, there was barely enough real estate space to have a lawn, so the buildings looked out of place in the midst of the concrete jungle and warehouse district of the 9th ward. If tourists traveled two streets over, they would find themselves in the center of Alcor's most impoverished neighborhoods, where the homes were falling apart or initially left incomplete mid-construction, so the homeowners would have more forgiving taxes.

But somehow, the tourists and customers of the Orchard managed to stay blissfully unaware of the poverty they passed on the commute to the pleasure house.

Namjoon could smell weakness, Taehyung was sure of that, and sometimes the leader thought of ways he could purge the gang of their weaknesses. As the spring showers brought on summer flowers, they also brought on the memories of Tae's first months in Alcor. Namjoon knew of Tae's tendency to grow bitter and distant as the summer days grew hotter and longer.

Today, Tae was given a test as much as he was given an assignment.

And based on the way he felt his stomach churning as he came to a stop in front of the ostentatious building, he might just fail this one.

Chad Miller was the soon to be newly appointed Chief of Police in Alcor. And man, he already sounded like a dick. The name alone sounded like some burnt-out frat boy who was at school on daddy's money and cared more about the brotherhood then their degree. And to think he was going to be the king pig soon.

Unfortunately, for Chad, he has a few bad habits, and Namjoon was ready to monopolize them. Taehyung was sent out here to collect insurance in case they ever had a nasty run-in with the police. A few photos of the man in action should help lighten any charges Bangtan may face in the future.

Taehyung slipped into the alleyway across from the Orchard and made his way up the fire escape of a nearby building. The fire escape ended just short of the top floor, forcing Taehyung to scale the last eight feet or so of the dark brick building.

He grumbled under his breath as he reached his fingers in the crevices between the brick and let his feet scrape blindly for purchase. Every once in a while, he was forced to live up to his title's name, and like a spider, he silently crept to his assigned location. And while Taehyung prided himself for being one of the best spies in Bangtan, he admits he'd much rather collect his secrets while hiding in plain sight, not scaling buildings in all black.