A quiet night in

It was a quiet night-in for Seokjin.

A luxury he planned to milk for all it's worth as he settled into a recliner with the book he's had for months, but never got around to reading.

Namjoon locked himself in his study tending to god knows what business, but with Yoongi hiding out for the next few days he knew his lover could only keep himself busy for so long.

Maybe he could convince Namjoon to turn in early this evening, this was the first time in a long time they had the house to themselves.

Hoseok's mission this morning was mostly a success, but the potential spotting by cops and their ability to trace the security camera's signal disruption back to Yoongi had both men hiding in a safe house somewhere for the next few days. If he thought about it for too long, Jin was unnerved that Tate Hyde's team bothered to even trace Yoongi's surveillance back to him and send out cops to hunt down Hoseok.

They had arranged for this event to happen after all, and while a wild goose chase made the event more believable, this goose chase wasn't wild at all, it was accurate. Suga and J-Hope planted strategic evidence to get the cops off their trail.

But the investigators blew right past it and Jin's sources confirmed both men were on the suspect list. They may have to actually find a shooter to use as a scapegoat if the cops don't end their digging.

Before Jin could even finish the first chapter of the book, his phone rang. He sighed as he recognized the number from V's burner phone and swiped to answer.

"Thank you for calling Domino's" Jin greeted, partly as a joke, partly because answering the phone with "hello this is Kim Seokjin of BTS" would definitely blow V's cover if he was caught.

"Pull in your men," V ordered, breezing past any kind of pleasantries. He didn't even huff a laugh at Jin's joke.

"What, why?" Jin asked suddenly on alert.

V had been in deep cover in the Black Tips territory for the better part of two weeks now. And his involvement there had been vital for BTS to stay ahead and avoid any other major attacks while they were still recovering from the shooting at the BulletProof.

"Fin sent out some of his top guys this evening, and they haven't come back yet. And someone in his inner circle just bragged that they're taking a hit on BTS tonight. Call in anyone on the street and warn Bulletproof to be on high alert." V briefed.

"How long ago did his men leave?" Jin asked, already typing out a message to Jungkook and Jimin, both were out taking care of a big shipment of methamphetamines in the warehouse district this evening. If the deal went south, BTS would take a massive hit. But not as bad as if Jungkook or Jimin were hurt during it.

"Just over an hour ago. Tell Suga to have his eyes everywhere he can, but don't have anyone on the street." V continues.

Jin responded as he finished his text to Jungkook "Suga's offline for the rest of the week."

"What? Why?"

"He and J-Hope have to lay low, you don't need any more details." Jin explained as he reached for the tablet on the coffee table. There was no need for V to have any major updates on BTS's plans while in deep cover like he was.

His cousin cursed under his breath, "Well get Jungkook or someone on surveillance."

"I'm on it right now, is that all you have to report?" Jin asked as he opened up the surveillance feed from the tablet, checking out the lobbies of the Bulletproof Casino first.

"Not at the moment. If they send a second group out to help clean up whatever damages they caused, I'll try to get in on it and report back afterwards." V responded, Jin could hear the tension in his voice.

"Don't do anything too reckless, and don't worry, with this heads up I doubt there will be any messes," Jin assured.

V grunted in agreement, not wanting to accept the pity praise his cousin offered him. He was about to give his goodbye and hang up when he heard Jin cuss.

"What is it?" V demanded.

Jin was silent for a moment as he took in what he saw on SugarDaddy's security cameras. His heart sank at the sight of the wreckage.

"They're in the bakery, it's totally wrecked and it's smoking like it might be on fire." Jin explained as he moved to the cameras in the kitchen hoping they would still be in use. He was confused to see four men wondering around the kitchen, directionless, with no signs of wanting to leave.

"Shit." V hiss, realizing he totally dismissed a very important asset. "Who closed?" V asked, already dreading the answer.

"Ella, but she must have gotten out because-" he cut himself off as he checked the final camera to the lab where he saw you pacing before taking a swig from a glass vial.

"Taehyung, can you get out of there and to the bakery without getting caught?" Jin asked, his voice so serious it made V's blood go cold.

"Yeah, I'm right on the edge of the sixth ward." He replied.

"I'm heading there now," Jin said getting up and making his way to Namjoon's office. "Jungkook and Jimin should be on their way. We'll meet you there."

And with that order the line went dead.

A/N: Ella is literally the "everything is fine" dog meme rn. Kidding I'm sorry I promise I'll give you your bad ass girl boss moment soon! But action scenes take time to write and I'm a very busy woman just trying to graduate college and fight climate change 😅