three

season 1, episode 3 - are you true?

THE TREE HILL RAVENS WON, LUCAS MADE THE WINNING SHOT

THE TREE HILL RAVENS WON, LUCAS MADE THE WINNING SHOT. After greeting her best friend and brother, Josie met up with Haley at the cafe. The two girls made their way to the burning boat event, where they would meet Lucas. Once Lucas met up with them, the three best friends walked up to the burning boat.

"Come one, come all, to the Tree Hill annual Burning Boat festival. Burn your bad karma, bad luck or bad choices and start new. We'll be collecting items all week. Nothing is too big, too small, too tragic, or too trivial..." Josie heard the announcer shout.

"Nice game, Lucas." A boy casually spoke to Lucas, who stood in one of the tents. Lucas smiled at the boy and thanked him for the comment.

"You're just blowing up." Haley said, smiling showing her excitement for their friend.

"Well, yeah. I'm a big star now. You better hope I keep you guys around." Lucas joked.

"You know, I'm gonna try not to lose sleep over that. Thanks." Josie sarcastically replied, rolling her eyes.

"So, last night, I'm watching Scandinavin on the history channel and I—" Haley began to say but was cut off by Lucas, who was confused.

"Why?" He asked, and she looked at him.

"Because blonde viking guys are hot." Haley said, which caused both Lucas and Josie to chuckle. The three of them stopped at the platform where the boat rested, which was filled with random items people wanted to burn, "Anyways, this whole burning boat thing is a total rip off a viking funeral? Did you know that?"

Before one of them could respond to the James girl, a boy came running up behind the three of them, a piece of paper in his hand and a wide smile on his face, "You know you're the bomb, right?"

"Thanks." Lucas replied, but the boy gave him a confused look. He handed the paper to Josie, ignoring Lucas' comment.

"Check it out." Brandon said, gesturing to the paper he had given Josie a seconds ago.

"B-plus. Brandon, all right. You did it!" Josie exclaimed.

"Yeah, I just threw all of my bad grades into the pot. I'm not going back there." Brandon grinned. Josie couldn't help but keep the smile she had on her face.

The rush and excitement she got when helping someone is worth it, she was happy for him, "I know you're not."

Brandon looked over at Haley and Lucas, "I've had—I don't know how many tutors, this girl is a miracle worker."

Josie thanked Brandon, as the two said their goodbyes. Once he walked away, Josie couldn't wipe the grin on her face. Haley knew the feeling, Josie was feeling, the proudness you get for helping someone.

"What bad mojo are you guys burning this year?" Haley asked, leaning against the edge of the boat.

Lucas reached inside his pocket and pulled out a black-name tag, 'SCOTT' the one that used to be placed on the back of his jersey number and without any hesitation or remorse he threw it onto the boat.