ten

season 1, episode 10 - you gotta go there to come back

JOSIE WOKE UP NEXT TO NATHAN, his arms wrapped around her shoulder as her head laid on his chest, hearing his beating heart

JOSIE WOKE UP NEXT TO NATHAN, his arms wrapped around her shoulder as her head laid on his chest, hearing his beating heart. She would stay here forever if she could, in bed all day with Nathan next to her. "If my parents or James enter my room, I'm gonna act like I have amnesia, so don't freak out if I pretend not to know you."

"Look, I think I should get back to the madness." Nathan sighed. Josie let out a groan not wanting him to leave the position they were currently in. "But hey, if I could, I'd stay like this all day."

"Me too." Josie let out a smile and pressed her lips against his, pecking his lips before she sat up. Nathan got up and sat on the edge of the bed grabbing his shoes to put on. Josie didn't want to bring up the conversation but she felt like she had to, "Nathan, about last night—"

"Hey, look it's not about sex with me, okay?" Nathan questioned, seeing her worried features, "When you're ready, I'll be ready, too."

Josie smiled and sat up, wrapping her arms around his neck and the two shared another passionate kiss, which lasted longer. Once they pulled apart, Josie laid herself back on and smiled to herself. Nathan chuckled at the brunette and began to put on his jacket.

***

Josie, Haley and Lucas walked down the school's courtyard about the situation he found himself in last night. Lucas shrugged, "It's not that hard, alright. Peyton and I just don't make sense as a couple. She said so herself."

"And she took it back." Josie retorted. Peyton had gotten somewhat close to Haley and Josie, the three girls talked more when they come across one another.

"Now what are you? Her lawyer?" Lucas joked, glancing at her.

"We've seen Peyton really try to make an effort to turn things around and it just sucks she got bit the first time she reached out to somebody, you know?" Haley stated.

"Haley, Josie, I'm not the bad guy here, okay?" Lucas thought about words to describe the blonde girl, "Peyton's just too hard."

"Unlike Brooke who I understand is nice and easy."

"Excuse me." Lucas pointed at Josie, "She makes me laugh, she's honest, she's not afraid to be herself, okay? Plus she's not covered head to toe in issues. What's so bad about that?"

Josie held up her hands, "Nothing. If you're happy, I'm happy."

"Are you?" Lucas asked, glancing at his two best friends, "Are you both happy?"

Josie smiled recalling the morning with Nathan and smiled, "Yeah, I'm happy."

"Me too." Haley replied, and just in time James joined the group, wrapping his arm around his girlfriend.