six

season 2, episode 9 - the trick is to keep breathing
season 2, episode 10 - don't take me for granted

season 2, episode 9 - the trick is to keep breathingseason 2, episode 10 - don't take me for granted

THE FORMAL FOR TREE HILL HIGH, was the talk of the week. Every single high school student was shopping for their attire, girlfriends dragging their boyfriends for the every little detail. Girls looking for dresses other girls won't wear so they don't match. Josie was never excited for these things, primarily because she never had a date so she usually didn't go but this formal was different because she does have a date. During her past formals, Lucas, Haley and Josie usually spend the night together watching movies and making fun of the desperate look people had in order to go to the formal.  She spent her morning cooking her famous waffles for her husband to convince him to go to the formal which Nathan seemed like he didn't wanna go but what Josie didn't know was that he had an evening planned for her.

Josie walked inside their bedroom with a tray of breakfast in her hands, orange juice beside the plate of waffles. Her waffles were the one thing she was always good at making for breakfast, strawberries and banana placed on top of the waffles, syrup on top with a bit of whip cream.

She placed the tray down on Nathan's bedside before she climbed on the bed next to her husband. Nathan's eyes fluttered open, his eyes traveling down to his bedside noticing the waffle plate. He chuckled, "Somebody wants to go to that crummy formal."

"One it is kind of crummy." Josie chuckled causing Nathan to let a laugh escape, "But we get to hang out with our friends and get all dressed up and slow dance...please let's be excited about that!"

Nathan shook his head, "I would look forward to that with you but my parents are chaperones which is why I'm not excited."

"So what?" Josie smiled, "I got your back."

***

Haley had been shopping for her dress with  her best friend, the two deciding to go last minute shopping for it. Josie couldn't quite put her finger on it  but she felt like Haley was acting weird around her, everytime she asked about anything music related the James brunette tried switching the subject.

"I think Nathan has something planned for tonight." Josie casually told her best friend as the two looked through the rackets of dresses. All of them were out to be shown because it was formal season. There were beautiful dresses from long to short from different styles and colors.

Haley's eyes traveled down to a yellow one, she smiled. Josie caught her best friend's attention on the dress as she went ahead and grabbed it and handed it to her. "Jo, this dress..."

"Is perfect for you." Josie smiled, finishing the sentence. She pushed her friend to go try it on inside the fitting rooms. "Hales, what's going on with you? Did I do something wrong?"

Haley looked at herself in the mirror feeling bad that she is making her best friend question if she did anything wrong. In all honesty, she has been working with Chris Keller since the day she went to go find him in the studio. Josie doesn't know that and neither does her boyfriend, James. She wanted to keep it a secret, she didn't know why she couldn't go and tell them.