eleven

season 1, episode 11 - the living years

JOSIE FOUND HERSELF SITTING IN THE LIBRARY WITH NATHAN, the two of them in another tutoring session

JOSIE FOUND HERSELF SITTING IN THE LIBRARY WITH NATHAN, the two of them in another tutoring session. Josie scribbled down in her notebook while Nathan just stared at the books in front of them. Nathan, Deb and Dan had gone to therapy the previous day to fix their family dynamic and Nathan was getting tired of hearing his parents bicker, which could bring them one step closer to divorce.

Josie glanced up at him, "Did you finish The Little Prince?"

Nathan sighed, "No, I just rented the movie. This book is stupid."

"Nathan, you're not going to pass French if you keep renting movies." Josie pointed out.

"Well it's not like I have a lot of time to just sit around and read." Nathan skimmed through the book's pages and looked up at Josie, who leaned in a little bit closer to him and gave him a sympathetic look knowing his home situation.

"So, are you ever going to tell me how it went?" Josie asked, talking about the therapy session he had the previous day with his parents.

"The therapist asked me if I really want to play basketball or not." Nathan revealed, looking at her. Josie couldn't help but raise her brows in shock, she knew the passion the Scott boy in front of her held for basketball.

Josie looked at him, "Wow, what did you say?"

"I don't know what to say." Nathan sighed, "Nobody's ever asked me that question."

"That's really big."

"These last couple of weeks, without it, I mean if I didn't play I might actually have a life." Nathan shrugged, not thinking too much of it.

"What would you do?" Josie asked, looking up at him.

"I don't know. At least I'd have some time to figure it out though." Nathan said, a smirk soon appearing on his face, "Besides, I'm sure we could find a lot better things to do with our time right."

"You think?" Josie smiled as he leaned towards her, their lips attaching. Josie pulled away, "You're really brave. To consider rebuilding who you are. I don't know if I could do that."

"You could." Nathan nodded, looking at her with admiration in his eyes towards Josie. He glanced up to look at the clock and began to pack up his stuff, "Well, I gotta go."

"Hey, practice starts back up again today, right?" Josie asked, knowing it did, seeing as both Lucas and James were on the team, she would know.

Nathan nodded, "Yeah, I'm just not sure if I do."

"Well, read the book then." Josie pointed her finger up at her boyfriend. Nathan chuckled, leaning down and gave her a peck on the lips, before he left, leaving Josie alone in the tutor center.