5. The Gala

Another day with shopping and training.
But this time it was with Korra. It was fun to get some time alone with my best friend.
We had a lot of catching up to do.

While we were training, I asked Korra if she could teach me the movements of the different elements. And she did. Now I knew the basic movements of every element.
Just because I couldn't bend, didn't mean that I couldn't learn the fighting styles.

In the end of the day, me and Korra was sitting down and talking, but we got interrupted by the lady from yesterday.

After Korra had talked with her she invited us to a Gala in hornor of Korra.
''Are we going?'' I asked her.
''I think so, I can't just say no.''

''You know it's just another of Tarrlok's ''Gifts'', to get you to join his task force.''
''Yeah, I know. But maybe we can have a little fun, and it's not like I'm just gonna change my mind.'' Korra said.
Something is not right about this ''Gala'' '

*********

''I can't believe we need to wear dresses.'' Korra said with a disaapointed manner. 
We were in the living room, waiting for Pema to get our dresses for the gala.
''Hey, it's not like I want to wear it either, but it was your idea.'' I said to Korra, with the same expression on my face as hers.

Pema came in with the dresses over her arms.
''Thanks Pema, it's so sweet of you to get our dresses'' I said looking over at Korra.
Pema gave us the dresses. They weren't bad, but mine was so... girly. (A/n - Pic on front.)

We walked up to our rooms to change. Right before I came to my room, Korra stopped me.
''This is gonna be fun.'' She said with irony in her voice.
''At least your dress isn't as girly as mine.'' I said teasing her.
We laughed and then got into our rooms to change.

I put the dress on and it wasn't that bad, I guess.
What Pema didn't know was that I had my usual comfortable shoes on, nobody could see them anyway.
I let my hair go free from its' ponytail.

Pema could help me with my hair.

I walked over to Pema's room and knocked on the door.
''Come in.'' Pema yelled.

I opened the door. Pema stared at me for a second then she smiled.
''You look so beautiful.''
''Thanks Pema.'' I said blushing a little at the compliment.

''I actually need help with my hair, if you don't mind.''
''Of course, sit down.'' She pulled out a chair for me and I sat down.

''So any ideas of how you want it?'' She asked me, finding a hairbrush.
''I don't really care, so I guess you can do what you want.'' I answered smiling.

She started brushing my hair. "Your hair is longer than I thought.'' I could here the smile in her voice.
"Do you need any help?" I asked her and was about to turn around.

She stopped me. ''No no, just sit still.'' She chuckled.
"Just as stubborn as your mother." She said.
"Yeah, I'm just like her." I agreed and laughed.
"And like your grandmother." She took some of my front hair away from my face.

"I must say it's the first time for me, to see blond hair." She admitted surprised over my hair color.

"Sometimes it's a little annoying to stand out."
"I think it makes you special.'' Pema said. "Done."
I stood up from the chair, and looked at myself in the mirror, Pema had in her hands.
She looked proud of her work, and she had the right to be. (A/N - Pic in front)
It looked perfect, and the hair wasn't going to annoy me.

"Thanks Pema." I said and hugged her.
She hugged me back. "Now get out of here, we also have to go to the gala.''
I laughed and then walked out to the others.
They stared at me but I just ignored it, I didn't like it.
I thought Korra deserved the stares, it was her party and she was the beautiful one.

"Is it that bad?" I whispered to Korra, as we were about to walk into the Gala.
''No, not at all you look really pretty.'' She answered me.
''I was about to say the same thing to you.'' I said to her.
She was the best friend I've always wanted.

We walked in and saw a lot of people and some big banners of Korra.
Pema and the children walked away from Tenzin, Korra and I.
The crowd of people started clapping when they saw us, it was kind of weird.

"I can't believe this is all for me." Korra said as she looked around with her eyes wide.
Tenzin interrupted Korra's thoughts. "I'm not sure what Tarrlok's plotting, but keep your guard up. It's not like him to throw a party just for the fun of it."

Tarrlok walked towards us making an overdone gesture. ''So glad you could make it, Avatar Korra.''
''If you'd excuse us, the city awaits its' hero.'' He said and walked off with Korra.

Tenzin started looking around, and noticed Meelo wasn't where he was supposed to be.
''Meelo! No, that's not a toilet! Oh dear.'' Tenzin walked towards Meelo in shame while covering his eyes.

That left me alone.
Yeah... this gala thing isn't quite me...

After a while of just standing there, looking awkward, I thought I should get some fresh air.
I began walking out, but in the door I bumped into someone.
I should learn to look, where I walk.

''Oh... sorry I didn't see-'' I couldn't say anymore.
Out of all people in this world, it had to be him.
''Katsu'' I could feel the anger boiling in me.

''We gotta stop bumping into each other like this." He said with a big smile.
Why was he acting like nothing happened?

I stayed silent, what could I say to him after what he did?
''Is there something wrong?''
He was so stupid, I couldn't believe he thought everything was fine.
''Hmm, let me think. Oh yeah right, you didn't show up to our date, and you are just acting like everything is fine?!'' I said a little too loud.

His reaction was surprising, he actually looked like he forgot.
''I'm so sorry, I completely forgot. I can explain it.''
''This better be good.'' I said with a raised eyebrow.

''I was helping my parents in their shop, and the time just went by. I actually felt like I forgot something, but I didn't remember before now.'' He looked down at the floor, and then up at me with the cutest expression in his eyes I've ever seen.
Or almost the cutest expression I've ever seen.

''Can you forgive me?''
I couldn't stand being this cold...
''Okay, but on one condition.'' I said giving in. 

He looked at me with the biggest smile.
''Anything.'' He said and I blushed a little.
''Go on a date with me, and this time show up.''
He started laughing, and I laughed with him.

''Deal, but first, can I have this dance?'' He raised his hand out, and I laid my hand in his.
''Of course.'' I answered and we walked out on the dance floor.

We danced for some time, and after that we just talked.
''So why are you here tonight?'' He asked looking curious.
''I'm here with my friend Korra and the airbending family.''

''You're friends with the avatar?'' He looked surprised.
''Yeah, we go way back... But let's talk about you, I hardly even know you.'' I suggested.

''There isn't much to know, I grew up with my two parents in this city as an only child.
When I was 8 they opened a water tribe food shop." He said like it was boring.
I smiled "Where do your parents come from?"

"My father has always been living in the city, but he has roots froom the fire nation. My mother comes from the southern water tribe, but she moved to the city when she was a child."

"I'm also from the southern water tribe. But why did your mother move?" I asked him, still smiling from the coincident.

"Her parents died, I rather not talk about it."
Great job Naomi, now he's sad. Why am I always so curious?

"I didn't mean to struck a nerve." I said looking at him.
"No no... it's not like that. I didn't know them, it's just... it's... complicated." He said rubbing the back of his neck.
"It's okay, I understand complicated" I said sending him a smile.

__________________

Hello, ENNAMA here!
Another chapter, a little too early as promised.
I will upload another chapter on wednesday... so yeah:)
Leave a comment or vote if you want to.
I dont think I have any other things to say than that?...

Love U guys

- ENNAMA