1. A new beginning - Part 1

''I know you wanna stay sweetie, but maybe this will be good for you'' I looked at my mom and forced a smiled ''Mom I'm fine, I'm actually looking forward to see all of them again.'' I said, having a hard time believing it myself. 

''Okay, do you have everything you need?'' My mother asked.
''I think so'' I answered her, chuckling a little.
That woman would take her over protective tendencies of me to her grave. Which I loved her for. 

She hugged me and said ''Have a safe trip, and write to me as soon as you get the chance.''
We pulled away from each other ''That's a promise mom'' I said, giving her one real smile.

I started walking towards the ship, and went aboard. My mom was waving, and I waved back to her. The ship started moving towards the Southern Water Tribe, heading to Republic city.

**********

The sea was so beautiful it captured my every interest. It made me feel an emptiness inside my chest. I wish that I could bend, and especially something as beautiful as the water from the sea. But even if I was able to bend water, I was too afraid to actually do it. My grandmother and my mother  was some of the best waterbenders in the whole world, and I was afraid of water. The ironic thought of it all made me laugh at myself.

It was getting dark and soon the stars was showing. I looked up at them. 
"I hope you're happy up there dad." I forced a smile, filled with sadness. 
"Goodnight'' I said out loud, before going to bed in my cabin.

------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes, seeing the sun shining through the porthole in my room. I got up and got dressed. I walked over to a little mirror on the wall, looked at myself for a second and put my hair up in a ponytail.

Everybody thought it was weird that I had blond hair, but I kind of liked it. Even though it made me stand out, it made me look somewhat... special. And it too looked good with my ocean-blue eyes. My mother always told me she felt just as intrigued looking into my eyes, as she did when looking at the sea under a full moon. 

It was always difficult managing my hair into a ponytail, so there was always a little pieces of my hair in random places around my face.

I got interrupted by at knock on my door.
''Hello miss, can I come in for a second?'' A man voice said from outside the door.

''Yeah, just come in'' I answered, without thinking about it.

He came inside my little cabin ''We will be in Republic city, in a few minutes. Can I help you with your luggage? '' He asked, and looked down at all of my stuff.

''You don't need to do that, I can handle it myself'' I answered him, with a little smile. He nodded, and walked out of my room.

I took my two bags, and walked up to the deck.

As I walked up there, I saw Republic City, it was bigger than I remembered. The city was so beautiful, and I couldn't wait to see Air Temple Island.

I got off the ship, and walked down to a little boat, so I could get out to the Island.

I was in my own thoughts, thinking about the city, when the lady that sailed the boat interrupted my train of thought. ''We're here now''.

I looked up at the Island, and got surprised of how much it looked like itself. The last time I was there, I was 7 years old, so 10 years passed before I saw it again.

I got off the boat, took my bags, and walked towards the main house on the island. 

When I came into the house, I saw Pema with a big belly making dinner in the kitchen. 
She looked up from the delicious smelling food, capturing my eyes with a smile. 

''Naomi, it's so great to see you again'' she said walking over to me with open arms. I hugged her back instantly.  ''It's great to see you again Pema, and I can see you're waiting another great child?'' Pema smiled and laughed happily. 

We got interrupted by Tenzin, I ran over to him and hugged him. He was shocked at first, but he loosened up and hugged me back.

''You've grown so much the past 2 years." He looked down at me and smiled. "Did you have a safe trip?'' He asked me. I looked up at him ''Yes, it was fine, but where is...''

I didn't get to finish my sentence before 3 happy airbending kids knocked me to the ground. ''I've missed you too guys'' I said, trying to breath. We all got up again, and after laughing Ikki began with her 1000 questions. Per usual. 

''WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THE LAST 2 YEARS?! WHY ISN'T AUNT KYA HERE?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?! WHY ARE YOU SO BIG NOW?! ARE YOU REALLY NAOMI, OR ARE YOU A SECRET AGENT IN DIUGUISE?! CAN YOU SING FOR ME TONGHT, YOU KNOW, LIKE YOU USED TO?! CAN YOU BEND YET?! AND WHY IS...''

''Ikki calm down'' I said before she went totally crazy.

''1. I've been at home, in the southern water tribe.
2. It's only me this time, mom had some stuff to take care off.
3. I'm here to visit my family.
4. People grow, you know Ikki
5. No, I am the real Naomi.
6. Of course, I will.
7. No, and I still don't believe in that late bloomer thing.''

I said everything with a smile and in one breath just like her. Ikki hugged me, and I realized how much I had missed her. How much I had missed all of them.

I talked with all of them for a few minutes, when a strong-build girl walked in.
At the first eye contact, I didn't think I had seen her before.

''Hey everybody, what's going on?'' She said, and then she looked at me.
''Naomi?! I can't believe it, is it really you? ''

I looked at her a few seconds, before realizing who she was.
''Korra?!'' I jumped into her arms and we gave each other a big hug.

''It's been so many years'' she said with a big smile on her face.
''Yes 6 years, you don't look like the little Korra anymore, I couldn't recognize you'' I smiled back.

Tenzin went out with the children, and Pema want back to cooking for the family. 
Korra and I walked to my new room. It was luckily besides hers.

I put my bags down on the floor. ''I didn't know you would come to visit us, why are you here?'' She asked me trying not to sound rude, giving the blunt comment.
"It was my mom's idea, don't ask why'' I answered, unpacking some of my stuff.

''How long are you staying?'' she asked me.
''That's a good question'' I turned to look at her, finding myself smiling yet again. 

We laughed and talked for a little before Pema called from the kitchen.
We all ate dinner together, talking and catching up. After dinner we headed to bed.

I was about to open the door too my room, when I heard a small voice calling out my name "Naomi?'' I turned around to see Ikki in her pajamas.

''Can you sing for me, just until I fall asleep?'' She looked up at me, with her cute little face, putting on a pleading expression no one would ever be able to resist.
"Of course, let's go to your room''.

We walked quietly to her room. She laid down on her bed, and I sat down in the chair besides her.

''What do you want me to sing?'' I asked her.
 ''The one you used to sing for me.'' She yawned hugging her pillow. I nodded and started singing. 

''The sun just touched the water, now the full moon is showing  
It's shining with the stars, the water almost laying still.
Your mind will float just like the water, a dream like a stream...''

I smiled looking down at her, admiring her skill to fall asleep that quickly. I slowly got out of her room. ''You have a pretty voice'' I jumped in pure shock when I heard Korra say that.
''Korra, you scared me''. She laughed a little, and I laughed with her.

''Goodnight Korra'' I said and walked into my room

I jumped into my bed, and slowly closed my eyes.
Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all...

_________________________

Hello, ENNAMA here!;D
This is my first story, and I will like to hear your opinion!
I think I will upload another chapter soon, just because I like the story.
Hope you like it too! :)